How to limit power in certain gear?

So like the title says I'm interested in how to, if even possible to limit power in certain gears.
A lot of cars do that including my S63 and even the 488 does, which is in AC.
I don't really care about setting up precise torque curve for every gear (like in power.lut), but more like, limiting power / at least turbo boost in certain gears to my own selected percentage.
I was thinking it could be within the ctrl_single_lock.ini combined with the lut files (like gear_start.lut) or maybe ctrl_turbo.ini. Unfortunately I can't find any info about these files on the net.

Solution:
Add a file called ctrl_turbo0.ini in your data folder. If you have multiple turbos just copy this file and change it's name to ctrl_turboX.ini where X is the turbo you want to control (starts from 0).

The file itself should look like this:
[CONTROLLER_0]
INPUT=GEAR ; OVERSTEER_FACTOR REAR_SPEED_RATIO SLIPANGLE_FRONT_AVERAGE SLIPANGLE_FRONT_MAX SLIPANGLE_REAR_AVERAGE SLIPANGLE_REAR_MAX RPMS
COMBINATOR=ADD
LUT=(|1=0.7|2=0.71|3=0.72|4=0.73|5=0.74|6=0.75|7=0.8|)
FILTER=0.99
UP_LIMIT=10000
DOWN_LIMIT=0.0

In the "LUT=" part you can define how much boost your car can have in each gear.
Make sure to use this exact format.
In my example I use a car with 7 gears where the maximum output of the given turbo is 0.8.
(so 1st gear has 0.7 turbo pressure, 2nd gear 0.71 etc.)

Last edited:
I'm a continent away from my AC files right now, but I remember doing that using "boost by gear" via turbo controllers. I'm sure I have example code back home, but someone else can probably help you out far quicker than I can.

You might be able to dig it out of my WRX files if you open up the .acd... the 07 cars don't have boost by gear in the ECU, but peak boost changes per gear through mechanical means and I had enough data to reproduce that in game. :)

This? Ctrl_turbo0.ini

Attachments

• bandicam 2021-11-21 09-16-02-634.jpg
    bandicam 2021-11-21 09-16-02-634.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 287
Last edited:
Thank you, I'll try that.

EDIT:
Yupp that's exactly it.
I'll modify the first post for the solution.

Is there a way to do this for NA cars?

Last edited:
You can definately change it, but if the car doesn't come with a turbo, you won't be able to restrict it.
ctrl_single_lock.ini only changes the differential lock?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 346 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 238 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 236 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 8.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 297 13.3%