How to kill odd vibration.

I really hope that this question have not been asked before, if it has then I am really sorry for this.

I happen to use a G27 and I have some very wierd vibrations when I drive in a straight line, the wheels goes to the left and to the right. This is complitly unrealistic and really ruins my laps and I can't tell how to kill this vibration, if someone knows what causes this could you please tell me how to stop this vibration.

Once again I am sorry if this question have been asked before.

I have a similar thing in GTL, starts to move left to right slowly, and if I don't grab the wheel, the frequency increases, and the car goes off. Haven't noticed it in other games, but don't mind it really, it doesn't happen often enough for me to notice.

I have a similar thing in GTL, starts to move left to right slowly, and if I don't grab the wheel, the frequency increases, and the car goes off. Haven't noticed it in other games, but don't mind it really, it doesn't happen often enough for me to notice.
I have that vibration on rF but as you said it is slow so you don't have problems with it which is normal even for real life BUT I have the wheel turning with great force to the left and right.

Do you have force feedback set to max? If so, reduce it to high at least, max setting adds the engine vibration and that can be pretty uncomfortable when running in a straight line.
If that's not the problem, I would try adding deadzone to the steering, something like 1%.

Georgios, did you know that anything over medium on the FFB settings gives false feelings? The game throws out random FFB events above medium to make you think you are getting a fuller result, but the actual FFB for events are at their max at medium. Anything higher might mask what you really should be feeling.

At max settings the Vibrations come to play, that is the only difference. High settings.. don't remember but some artificial effects are canceled, don't know now which ones. At medium you get all the real FFB you can get. I use very mild vibrations (<20% and that is with MAX settings), helps in the very low speed corners but is entirely artificial. Since no one has mentioned tweaking the FFB more precisely by manually editing controlset so there no chance of the grip/body movement in FFB being anything other than the default (90% grip if i remember it correctly). If you manually edit the grip/body to 50% or less then it does the same: oscillations that escalate to the max in the straight line.. Mine does that (50% grip/body) but i really like feeling the cars body more. It means that i cannot take my hands off the wheel..ever.. Unless it's FWD, of course but there's a different settings for that. And the front/rear wheel balance in FFB is 60-80% in my controlsets.

But in any case, i do not recommend speed sensitive steering. Never! It fools you all the time, you learn bad habits and they are the worst of all: never realizing you're understeering or over-turning all the time, no possibility to tire management in the long runs, it's a devil invention, i'l tell you... It took me about 6 months to get rid of that and it still creeps in to my driving from time to time. That's why i drive with a lot of oversteer these days to finally get all that "bad data" out of the system. So do anything else but add Speed Sensitive Steering to correct the problem.

With modded momo my FFB level is 80-100%, steering force 130-160%. Vibrations 0% (never use this! it's awful, it just oscillates your wheel from side to side all the time.) but then i use 15% brake vibration and 15% throttle vib, they don't affect at all in high speeds, only under 100km/h they start to creep in. The Steering Vibration is NOT the overall vibration level! So no matter if you put that to 0, the rest still functions normally.... impact and curb effect are different for every driver. All thou i suspect that most use something around these figures: 30% both... :rolleyes:

Georgios, did you know that anything over medium on the FFB settings gives false feelings? The game throws out random FFB events above medium to make you think you are getting a fuller result, but the actual FFB for events are at their max at medium. Anything higher might mask what you really should be feeling.

They are not random.
High settings gives you brake-vibration, which I'm personaly using because it gives me a better feeling for my applied brakepressure ;)
+ all the effects from medium which are still there.
Max settings adds engine-vibration. Very annoying constant rumbling, which I don't use.

They are not random.
High settings gives you brake-vibration, which I'm personaly using because it gives me a better feeling for my applied brakepressure ;)
+ all the effects from medium which are still there.
Max settings adds engine-vibration. Very annoying constant rumbling, which I don't use.

Well, nitpicking really.. Steering vibration is not random, it oscillates with a constant frequency and strength, so does the brake vibration. But with brake vibes the strength is variable and fades out with speed, vibration freq is constant. Engine vibes have changing frequency according to revs and variable strength, the latter fades with speed. So they are not random but completely artificial.

Engine rumble completely vanishes completely after 100km/h and is only really visible in the low rev's; it "fades" with revs, so to speak... For me it doesn't do anything usefull, i just use it for "getting in the character" before exiting pits. It makes something happen when stationary, feels more like a real thing to have that small (15% in my case) rattle felt thru the rig.. But clearly it's a case of preferences. And the topic starter hasn't reported for a while..

Using the word random was a misnomer on my part, but superficial would have been a more proper description. As for the brake vibrations, I guess you would need a pedal set that allowed for FFB in order for that to be effective. I know from oh so many years of real driving that when I brake and I feel vibration in my brake pedal it is time to get the brakes looked at to find out what is wrong. There should be nothing that would interfere with your ability to apply steady even pressure to the brakes. I understand that you are referring to a cue that allows you to know when you have reached a limit, but I would rather feel that in the wheel or the seat of my pants than at the foot.

High settings, besides brake vibration also introduces wheel auto-center, at least in my case. Even when stationary, if you go full left or right, it will try to go center again.
This actually helps you, because when you loose grip (and especially while cornering), you won't get a mushy wheel that is too easy to over-correct. Increasing the grip factor in the controller settings file, also helps you alot, because by default when you loose grip you go to 10% wheel resistance which is too low IMO.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back