ARCA Sim Racing

Well I agree, Salem is a blast to drive no doubt about that, Its the best short track in ARCA and I hope the new changes make it alot better!

I still feel Bristol is better, the new paving makes some nice racing with two lanes possible, Still Salem is fantastic aswell :)

ARCA 1.4 patch out

Texas has been released with the 1.4 patch, More details below.

- New DRM policy update. Basically, a single item change in your PC (ram, video card, soundcard, etc ...) will automatically be scanned and accounted for in your registration. If you change more than one item at a time before launching the sim and registering each component of change, then de-authorize/authorize function should be used.

- Salem engine fix for overheating

- Salem pace speed lowered to 25 mph

- Addition of Ft Worth (Texas) Speedway

** Server owners will get an email link to the files so they can update simpler. If you are a server owner, and did not get a link send me an email to Team[at]thesimfactory.com. Id your league/server you represent, and Subject line "Please put me on the Server Update list"

**TIP**

If you are placed on the backside garage, you will need to follow the garages around (between the fence and garage end) to go to track surface. The traffic is One Way only, so if you are given a wrong way warning, stop and go around)

Restart that leverage client!

Well, after the success of Texas and Kentucky releases, we are back at it again with more tracks, client updates, physic enhancements and more .... Smile

This quarter we are expecting to release several tracks, some actually planned a few months back but held back on varying reasons, others new to the scene. The tracks that should make it to the client would be Charlotte, Berlin, New Jersey Motorsports Park & San Jose. Pretty crazy variety, but should hopefully balance the desires of all... Smile

We have also begun early development of front end changes in physics to derive the final segment of the geometry which was identified early on, but required in depth code change to achieve. As we get closer to implementation we will explain the necessary setup effect it will have and how to adjust for it.

Login system is also on the agenda now working with Pragmatic and ISI to integrate the new validations and system calls required. We will soon be canvassing and/or requiring purchaser/users to validate specific information relating to their accounts in preparation for this really cool change. I can't explicitly say how all of this will work, but it should help bring the highly requested accountability and user identifications into use.

With this we are also working to bring the SimStatsLive and Matchmaking components all into the central utility (Leverage client) easing the experience for new users and centralizing the core systems into a single software unit. You will be able to launch your game, view your stats, join races, check rank and more!

Watch your news section of the client as we get these things into motion for you and as always your support is greatly appreciated!

Regards,

B. Zimmerman

I want to do a clean install for my ARCA copy. Where do i start now. I kinda lost track with all the patches and automated downloaders and stuff.

Who can help me out?

Yeah I want to do the same. I think they have a different way of installing things now. You install the sim and there's something called 'Leverage' that supposed to register you and keep things updated.

I'm installing now to see what happens.

Easy,

Get the client here: www.thesimfactory.com/ASR_L1.zip
Next, install it, and then click on register
Select Update my DVD, and then choose I do not have my code
Enter your email, and a code will be sent, click continue, enter both and off ya go

There will be nothing left to do when it's completed. No DISC is required anymore. NO manual patches, all automated.

Let me know if you have any issues .... :)

Update went smooth, just did my first online laps after a year and I must say I am pretty impressed with the news physics and the new tracks.

Top Job TSF :thumb:

(Bruce will be finished next week :D)

Update went smooth, just did my first online laps after a year and I must say I am pretty impressed with the news physics and the new tracks.

Top Job TSF :thumb:

(Bruce will be finished next week :D)

I'll be finished tonight for sure. Just got out the 4-speed gated shifter and will be up and running within an hour I would guess. Of course with a bit of extra help from a very talented member of the developer's team. :D

(thanks Zip) :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 6.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 164 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 311 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing