How to install mods in AC without ......

.....running into conflicts. I have a few mods I'd like to install...AssettoByNight, Sol, Sidekick, Wet Mod...but it seems that some want access to the MODS folder and to change its files. So I am confused by all the different ways that mods are installed. Some say "drop this file there" and "drop these files over here". It seems like a very disjointed way to install mods. Wouldn't it be better to have an installer program to do this for all mods? It would be so much easier! As of now, the mods I want to install are butting heads with one another. Ex: Sol is stuck because I tried to install "AssettoByNight". "WetMod" is non-existant after trying to install. Are there secrets to making this all work. Why is it my job to finish the work of the creators of these mods?

There is no combination, Sol is incompatible with every other weather/rain/night mod, you can have one or the other installed but not both. The intention with sol is to make all the other kind of night mods obsolete and so you should go "install Sol and sidekick, do not install assettobynight or gbw". There is no situation where assettobynight produces a more realistic or unique result that Sol can't, you should just delete it.

The purpose of the MODS folder is so you can have the files present but not installed, things in MODS are ignored by the game and you can use JSGME to disable one and enable the other.

Last edited:
There is no combination, Sol is incompatible with every other weather/rain/night mod, you can have one or the other installed but not both. The intention with sol is to make all the other kind of night mods obsolete and so you should go "install Sol and sidekick, do not install assettobynight or gbw". There is no situation where assettobynight produces a more realistic or unique result that Sol can't, you should just delete it.

The purpose of the MODS folder is so you can have the files present but not installed, things in MODS are ignored by the game and you can use JSGME to disable one and enable the other.

Thanks Stereo...you've confirmed my suspicions. Am I right to assume that Sol is king and the others are fighting over the same turf? I am also running Assetto Corsa Competizione and everything I want (weather, cars, tracks, time of day, etc.) is right there! In fact. I just finished a race in the rain, at night over there. It was perfect! So maybe I'll just give up on AC, Content Manager, Sol and all the rest. Yeah, fewer cars and tracks but fewer annoyances too!

The other ones came before Sol and used much hackier workarounds, Sol is a ground up proper build of 24 hour cycle and makes things like special car/tracks to run at night unnecessary.

I do strongly recommend not using AC for rain at the moment, the way it's been worked in is only visuals and barely manages those. Personally I also turn off seasonal adjustments and leave tracks more vanilla, I just don't find them convincing or adding anything to the experience.

In fact I'm using JSGME ( like I always did for other sims allowing modding ) and never had any problem for installing or any conflict.
I know that's possible with CM .... but I prefer knowing what, how, where and when I add something new to AC.
At least, using JSGME .... we know we always have to begin the Mod file with a main subfolder of the AC root folder.

If, when activating a mod, it tells you it replaces some other files of another mod, you may allow it and just make a test immediately..... If a problem occurs, unactivate this new mod and everything is back at its previous stage.
And if there's no problem, JSGME will tell you which one you have to unactivate first before the other one.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 346 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 238 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 236 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 176 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 297 13.4%