RD Series on Simracing.GP

Daily WTCR races on Simracing.GP Weekly GT3 Endurance races on Simracing.GP Weekly GT3 Sprint Races on Simracing.GP Weekly GT4 Sprint Races on Simracing.GP

GTR2 HOW TO INSTALL GTR2 and PnG3 in 2019 ?

So I just having a new computer, reinstall the GTR2... everythings works and looks perfect, expect touching the keyboard will most likely making the game stuck and need to ctrl+alt+delete and close the game

What are you PC specs ?
Maybe a driver issue ?
Specs should not be a trouble because is RTX 2070 Super and i7-10700k with 32GB ram.
Drivers... I play other games like Assetto Corsa and it works perfect at all... So Drivers should not a problem, I think?

Jempy

Premium
Can you confirm you're on one single screen and don't use a second monitor at the same time ?
Using the keyboard or anything that might give the impression you're on another window or software than GTR2 might create the same result as using Alt-Tab .... with another original GTR2 than the Steam one.

Can you confirm you're on one single screen and don't use a second monitor at the same time ?
Using the keyboard or anything that might give the impression you're on another window or software than GTR2 might create the same result as using Alt-Tab .... with another original GTR2 than the Steam one.
I can confirm that there's only 1 screen in my PC.

Jempy

Premium
OK ... no other idea for solving your issue. ( as this one was what I already experienced with an extented view on 2 monitors ).
Sorry.

Shovas

Premium
Sounds like your computer is touchy, like there's a hardware problem somewhere.

Maybe try some CPU/MEM/GPU stress testing? Run Unigine Demos for a few hours (even over night) to be sure.

GTR233

Premium
Perhaps you have changed gtr2.exe program priority to high or idle : it is not a good idea as it can freeze your computer, always let it on normal.
The only setting to change is affinity with max cpu cores or at least 2 cores.

Perhaps you have changed gtr2.exe program priority to high or idle : it is not a good idea as it can freeze your computer, always let it on normal.
The only setting to change is affinity with max cpu cores or at least 2 cores.
I'm always letting my GTR2 runs on Normal Priority and setting max cpu cores to more than 2 cores, but it still crashing...And is not a Game's CTD or causing the whole Windows BSoD'd, but it will freeze the game(No matter what's sessions when the games on, even in Menu) and need to Ctrl+Alt+Delete to making it stop.

Last edited:

GTR233

Premium
Indeed that's a really annoying issue but, as jempy, I am short of ideas to help you at the moment.

Jempy

Premium
As GTR2 seems to act in this case as when using Alt-Tab ... with the original GTR2 ( and this doesn't happen with the Steam version ... for sure when it remains in the Steamapps folder ) ... I guess GTR2 looses its focus in this case for another software or tool running on his PC.

This freeze is really typical of this situation.... even though I know it can happen sometimes my fingers are too quick ( for example just to check a change in a GTR2 folder ) I still have this problem regularly ( not often but randomly ).

Check what's running on your PC at this moment ... one of the running softwares is surely the culprit.

One thing to try is running in window mode.
Can use this program to make it border less.
But also agree with Jempy that it must be something other program or service doing it.
I Tried it, but still useless.
And yeah I uninstall and re-install my GTR2, same problem still keep happens, but this time after I Ctrl+Alt+Delete, the game back to working, but only when I keep driving... when I going back to garage or Quitting Races, all the menu will stopped working, no matter how I click anythings(PS: Then Game may automatically CTD for no reason)

Last edited:

GTR233

Premium
Computers are basic machines which execute code, algorythms and scripts so there is certainly a good reason for your pc to freeze and CTD, but which ???
Try to install older video drivers ?
If you 've got a logitech device then use logitech GHUB software instead of older gaming software driver

Last edited:

Jempy

Premium
- And I suppose you're starting GTR2 with admin rights and same for GTR2config also .... and in compatibility mode ?

- Is your GTR2 an original older version or Steam version ?

- if original version, where is it installed ? main disk ? in which folder ?

Answering those little questions might already confirm us that your problem is not first of all a GTR2 install or use problem.

What I feel strange in your case is .... that any click or keystroke may freeze your GTR2 .....

Normally, as long as you click something or use keyboard inside GTR2 for GTR2 itself .... it shouldn't freeze at all.
Now using special keys to launch any other software should also surely freeze GTR2 as the focus should be surely given to the new started software.

NB: My PC is also rather new with MSI RTX 2070 Super Trio - I7 9700k and 16 GB Ram and Win10 64bit of course.
No problem with either original or Steam GTR2 versions. Both ( even 3 installs ) are installed outside C drive and none inside Program or Programfiles (x86) folder.

- And I suppose you're starting GTR2 with admin rights and same for GTR2config also .... and in compatibility mode ?

- Is your GTR2 an original older version or Steam version ?

- if original version, where is it installed ? main disk ? in which folder ?

Answering those little questions might already confirm us that your problem is not first of all a GTR2 install or use problem.

What I feel strange in your case is .... that any click or keystroke may freeze your GTR2 .....

Normally, as long as you click something or use keyboard inside GTR2 for GTR2 itself .... it shouldn't freeze at all.
Now using special keys to launch any other software should also surely freeze GTR2 as the focus should be surely given to the new started software.

NB: My PC is also rather new with MSI RTX 2070 Super Trio - I7 9700k and 16 GB Ram and Win10 64bit of course.
No problem with either original or Steam GTR2 versions. Both ( even 3 installs ) are installed outside C drive and none inside Program or Programfiles (x86) folder.
-Both GTR2Config and GTR2 is using admin setting with XP SP2 compatible mode.

-My GTR2 is Original version with 1.1.0.0+NoCD Patch.

-My GTR2 is installed in a HDD that not a C drive (E:/GTR2)

And my PC is Win10 64bit, i7-10700k with 32GB DDR4 RAM and MSI RTX 2070 Super "Ventus GP OC"(A model that maybe too recent and not included in some of the PC site's GPU database)

Maybe I should try to using a older driver next?

GTR233

Premium
Perhaps MSI disabled dx9 support by default in your all new videocard ???
For sure you can try alternate video drivers.
You can also check BIOS version of motherboard/gpu : maybe some updates have fixed this issue ???
Maybe a wrong setting in motherboard bios : try a reset to stock ???
if your pc is brand new then you've got possibly a faulty composant (tiny transistor somewhere) : as Shovas said, did you try demos to stress your composants ? In general it could be cpu, gpu, motherboard or ram : if it is new then you can ask for a replacement or refund but you should know which one ???

Last edited:

Jempy

Premium
As he can drive Assetto Corsa without any problem I really don't think it's a real PC component problem. A problem should have already happened with it too.

As I still can understand..... GTR2 is not really crashing .... it's hanging for good: nothing can make it move and it cannot be closen else than with the task manager.
That's why I think more of a software problem than a hardware one.

The last question I forgot: for the DX9 ... that's well the one you choose in the GTR2 config and not the "auto" one ... ? ( in fact I never tried this setting ).
But yes ... do you have DX9 installed ?

And something else as we don't know where you live: US or EU Patch 1.1.0.0 ? ... I don't know what can happen if it's not the right one.

As he can drive Assetto Corsa without any problem I really don't think it's a real PC component problem. A problem should have already happened with it too.

As I still can understand..... GTR2 is not really crashing .... it's hanging for good: nothing can make it move and it cannot be closen else than with the task manager.
That's why I think more of a software problem than a hardware one.

The last question I forgot: for the DX9 ... that's well the one you choose in the GTR2 config and not the "auto" one ... ? ( in fact I never tried this setting ).
But yes ... do you have DX9 installed ?

And something else as we don't know where you live: US or EU Patch 1.1.0.0 ? ... I don't know what can happen if it's not the right one.
I have DX9 installed. And ofc I choosed "Direcx 9" instead of Auto.
I think is EU Patch 1.1.0.0 here.

Perhaps MSI disabled dx9 support by default in your all new videocard ???
For sure you can try alternate video drivers.
You can also check BIOS version of motherboard/gpu : maybe some updates have fixed this issue ???
Maybe a wrong setting in motherboard bios : try a reset to stock ???
if your pc is brand new then you've got possibly a faulty composant (tiny transistor somewhere) : as Shovas said, did you try demos to stress your composants ? In general it could be cpu, gpu, motherboard or ram : if it is new then you can ask for a replacement or refund but you should know which one ???
I tried to using alternate video drivers, but nothing special.
I reset my BIOS settings to default(Which causing the RAM's speed limited to around 2600Mhz instead of 3200Mhz), but still nothing happens
I'm already run a lot of Benchmarks and Demos, but all of them seems OK and nothing special againist to my PC.