How to install FSOne 2007 skin pack?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just downloaded this skin (prof1trpack1[2].0.1.exe) pack, but i donno how i must install it... when i click on the downloaded exe it extracts itself, with hell of directories and files similar which i can find in the original rFactor folder.... do i need to copy paste all the files in the needed directory like it is extracted....? i hope there is a more simple and less manual way to do it...

thanks in advance

sorry, but i dont get it.... i put the file in the original rFactor folder, clicked there, and it extracted itself, but the main directory was: prof1trpack1.0.1 (within the original rFactor dir), and then in this i found rFactor dir, and in this all the detailed directories with Gamedata, Sounds, Talents etc with the files which are belonging to the skin pack only... shall i copy the extracted folders and everything to the original installed rFactor directory and overwrite what is there? will i not loose then the original files which were there before....?

All you do to install this is extract the 7zip .exe to your desktop. It'll extract a folder called "prof1trpack1.0.1." Open this folder and you'll see a folder called "rFactor." Copy then paste the rFactor folder to C:\Program Files and when it asks if you want to overwrite existing files click "yes to all."
It's quite a simple (and similar to GTR2's) process but that's how to do it

...so to answer your question in the first post - yes, you extract it and copy+paste it as is, using the same folder/file structure that the download came in.

it is only overwriting the folders - the folder contents are what make the mods work.
it does not overwrite any original rFactor files.
...VERY FEW mods actually do overwrite original files - coz if you do, you'll cause alot of problems when you try to race online. so, the mods that DO overwrite original rFactor files will give you a warning before installing. Most mod readme files say something like (from the mod developer) "I do not accept liability should this mod cause damage to your game or computer"...we take the risk of damage every time we install a mod for any game - so it's always best to read readme files fully and read comments about the mod, as you can at nogrip or rfactorcentral.

I just had a race using the 2007 skins installing the way I described above - they work fine for me and I haven't seen any negative effects to my game or PC =)

okido, thanks.

btw, i have 1 more issue, as i installed FSOne mod, it overwrites the background pics in the game to F1 style, thats ok, but when i change to other series this background remains for me as a picture, and on top of this comes the other pics (for example the pic of that serie in the main page at top left corner). It looks very disturbing.... Any way to get rid of it?

• Backo

I have PROF1TR_SPS07.exe but didn't instal yet,I'm using only 06 skins,but game works ok.I'm not sure about skins 07,is it woks fine Rfactor?

i installed it yesterday, they look good, i like it. Except that the Honda is all black, nothing Earth like on it....

Just if you are not in FSOne mode, but all cars and all tracks,the BMW is disappearing from the FSOne cars, since originally there was also a BMW, you can find it only there, but with 2 Heidfeld and 2 Kubica, and none of them is working in this mode, get an error message.

But if you select only FSOne series to play, everything is working fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 71 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.6%