How to install car setups?

Discussion in 'R3E Setups' started by Abaco90, Nov 8, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Abaco90

Abaco90

Ratings:
    +2
    Guys, I'm new to Raceroom. A silly question... as the title says: how do I install a car setup?

Thanks ;)

2. Robert Severikangas

Robert Severikangas
    Premium

Ratings:
    +87
    Not sure about the exact names of the folders but you copy the setup file into Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\CarSetups or something like that :) and then choose what track and layout you want it under :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Abaco90

Abaco90

Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks man :)

4. TuElite

TuElite

Ratings:
    +3
    What do you mean choose track/layout? Do I have to create a folder named after the track? I've moved 4 setups in UserData/CarSetups but they don't show up in game.

5. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz
    SpeedyMite Racing Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,682
    Yes, you first need a folder with the track name, then a subfolder with the layout name, where you drop your setup file. (i.e. a HOCKENHEIMRING folder with 3 subfolders: Grand Prix, National, Short).
    The easiest is to go in game, fire the track you want to use, then save a setup. It will create the needed folders. You don't need to exit the game, you can alt tab and drop the setup file in the newly created folder. Then go back to the game, choose 'load setup': you should see the setup you just added.

• Like Like x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
  6. TuElite

TuElite

Ratings:
    +3
    Got it thanks, my folder was empty because I had never saved any myself..

• Beer Beer x 1