How to host a game

Hi,
My friend and I have just purchased this game, but we can't figure out how to host successfully. When we create a game, we can see it in the lobby list and the 'creator' can start the session but the friend can't join. Keep getting timed out. Is there a guide anywhere? Why is there an option to enter an IP address? We can join any races, apart from each others. My settings - Custom - 450 up - 9500 down - spectate off - show online - no - yes - internet.

Thanks in advance

Thanks Alex, and yes Reto, hope to see you soon.
One more question though. I've opened the TCP port in windows firewall, but not sure how to open a range for the UDP. Googling the issue suggests using command prompt. Thats fine but opening from 34597 upwards seems vague. I mean, what is the end of the range? 34597 to what number?
Sorry to seem so hopeless!!

actually, having read the faq again, it doesn't mean a range. i assume it means any number from those numbers upwards. correct me if i'm wrong

Hi,
My friend and I have just purchased this game, but we can't figure out how to host successfully. When we create a game, we can see it in the lobby list and the 'creator' can start the session but the friend can't join. Keep getting timed out. Is there a guide anywhere? Why is there an option to enter an IP address? We can join any races, apart from each others. My settings - Custom - 450 up - 9500 down - spectate off - show online - no - yes - internet.

Thanks in advance

Do you have a router? If you do, I would disable the firewall (routers have own firewalls) and then forward the needed ports in your router settings.

When it indicates one port, it is that port only. So with my Linksys Router, for one port (2300, e.g.) I would enter 2300 for both ranges.

Here is an example. The ports are actually for rFactor:

12-31-201120-18-32.jpg

Mike (email me if you need some help)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back