PC2 How to hook up with PC2

Hi there,

I've been playing irregularly PC2 since it was released (and before that exactly the same with PC1), always some light gaming on my own, nothing too serious, basically following the career mode, but after some weeks playing I always got fed up with all the bugged AI on some races and finally quit playing.

Now that I have built a proper rig, I would really like to do some more serious racing that allowed me to hook up with the game.

Any recommendations? Which game modes do you play? Career mode? Time Trials against yourselves trying to improve your lap times? Online racing?

For the moment I'm still stuck with Career mode, but I cannot see a bright future if I go on with only this mode. Some bugged cars (Formula C always spinning off-throttle) and some bugged invitational events have already gotten me on my nerves. Maybe the key is just to skip anything that feels suspiciously bugged and not be afraid of modifying AI level according to their lap times on each racetrack, especially when they seem to have miraculous grip while you are struggling to keep the car straight.

Maybe I should just try another game? All the simulators I've ever tried are PC1 and 2, so I don't really know if there's anything much better out there.

Cheers

Hey. Forst of all, you need to lower engine braking 5 is the absolute maximum idealy 8 to 10 or turn it off completely. That off throttle spinning is due to that. Also, fiddle with the diff until it feels comfortable for you to put the power down. I normaly do a few online races but mostly some normal races against the AI in cars i want to race. I have a few presets and they are a blast!

I wish we could start pcars2 club events here since I really think this is the all in one simulator. The number of tracks and cars is insane albeit you have to put up with some inconsistencies between cars (some cars feel great, others not really).

As for other sims, watch some online videos and see what you find. Are you a VR user?

You can try raceroom for free as the game's base content is free and it is a good sim. You do need to invest some money to get some more cars and tracks but other than that, pretty nice to try something else.

Automobilista is amazing (very good ffb) and has a ton of great content and some mods to add a bit more (especially tracks). Once you are up and running you have some of the best F1 experiences next to RSS mod for Assetto Corsa (more on that later).

Assetto Corsa is really cool and a great platoform for mods. The base content is lacking in some areas imho but once you add some mods (very easy to do with Content Manager) you can have some amazing races! Some mods are payware but RSS deserves it and will provide you the best F1 experience in any sim imho. Even as base content goes, you have a ton of F1 ferrari cars which are amazing to drive.

rFactor 2 is an incredible sim (ffb is super crazy good) but you need mods as the base content (tracks especially) is not so good. In fact, track choice is terrible without mods imho. They have some DLC which adds a bunch of cool stuff like some amazing GT3 and GTE cars and Imola and sebring which are amazing!

There is a free demo on steam so you can try it out.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your answer!

Automobilista and of course AC look interesting. Which AC would you recommend to start with, the original one or the new Competizione?

By the way, my equipment for the moment is a Logitech G25 wheel and a single 37" Screen.

On Project Cars one of my main concerns is that when playing against the AI I never get to set the optimum difficulty level in order to have nice battles against AI cars during races. I'm always either faster than them (starting on the pole position and losing the opponents after a couple of corners) or slower than them, forcing me beyond my limits and eventually having a crash than ruins the entire race.

I'd love to have a disputed race against the AI, but it kinda looks impossible to achieve, and when you finally somehow manage to set a proper difficulty setting that makes things relatively even, you move on to the next race of the season on another racetrack and then with that exact AI level, you turn out to be much faster/slower than them and you need to start fiddling with the difficulty level again.

Thanks for your answer!

Automobilista and of course AC look interesting. Which AC would you recommend to start with, the original one or the new Competizione?

By the way, my equipment for the moment is a Logitech G25 wheel and a single 37" Screen.

On Project Cars one of my main concerns is that when playing against the AI I never get to set the optimum difficulty level in order to have nice battles against AI cars during races. I'm always either faster than them (starting on the pole position and losing the opponents after a couple of corners) or slower than them, forcing me beyond my limits and eventually having a crash than ruins the entire race.

I'd love to have a disputed race against the AI, but it kinda looks impossible to achieve, and when you finally somehow manage to set a proper difficulty setting that makes things relatively even, you move on to the next race of the season on another racetrack and then with that exact AI level, you turn out to be much faster/slower than them and you need to start fiddling with the difficulty level again.
Haven't tried ACC so I wont comment on it. I was referring to the original AC.

Grabbing both AMS and AC for a start won't do you harm.

Regarding AI in pcars2, it is on a track by track and class by class basis. For instance, in gt3s at Imola 95% AI is a joke. GTEs at 95% at Imola are much closer to me though I still beat them over a second a lap. You just need trial and error and find a difficulty that matches your pace. Inconsistency is the game of this title and there is nothing we can do about it.

pCars2 rallycros is MUCH better than dirt rally's one (and i'd argue, even better than RBR), but rally wise, if you can go over the dated graphics (still not that bad in VR!) RBR is the best game you can get
pCars 2 rallycross, I love it, but the AI is completely broken. Even with max level setting it's waaaay too easy to beat them! That's a real shame 'cause I'd love to have a proper RallyX race on Project Cars!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 367 15.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 255 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 246 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.1%