How to hide steering wheel/hands in the cockpit view (if possible)?

I have the very same problem. Option to hide arms/wheel is grayed out.
Using latest patch.
Same problem here. Greyed out. Anyone find a solution? Temporary "fix" is to change view mode but i dont like that view at all, the one witout wheel. I just want to hide the wheel in the meny for the specific view that i use.
Who want a wheel in front of a real wheel. Feels really stupid an unrealistic to see a virtual wheel in front of my real wheel.

The answer is rather simple: you are not in the right view
There are 3 different views from cockpit ... in the right order
- 1st one: usual cockpit view ... the option is not grayed out
- 2nd one: dashboard view ( both 1st and 2nd may easily been confused according to how they are set up ) ... the option is grayed out
- 3d one: helmet view .... the option is also grayed out.

In order to have the right 1st one .... use "Toggle View" in order to choose the 1st one ( the one appearing just after the non-cockpit last one: view from the far back of the car ).

NB: easy didactic method to enjoy what you're looking for. :geek:

Last edited:
The answer is rather simple: you are not in the right view
There are 3 different views from cockpit ... in the right order
- 1st one: usual cockpit view ... the option is not grayed out
- 2nd one: dashboard view ( both 1st and 2nd may easily been confused according to how they are set up ) ... the option is grayed out
- 3d one: helmet view .... the option is also grayed out.

In order to have the right 1st one .... use "Toggle View" in order to choose the 1st one ( the one appearing just after the non-cockpit last one: view from the far back of the car ).

NB: easy didactic method to enjoy what you're looking for. :geek:

Seems you are right, thank you :)

I figured it was random somehow because sometimes it was greyed out and sometimes it was not when i was trying different setups and cars yesterday.

Makes kind of sense, your answer i mean. :)

Last edited:
The real problem is how it was made by KS at the start.
I never understood why a cockpit view and a dashboard one may nearly get the same kind of view using their own possible settings.
A cockpit view should have all settings possible and dashboard view settings should remain limited.

Last edited:
The real problem is how it was made by KS at the start.
I never understood why a cockpit view and a dashboard one may nearly get the same kind of view using their own possible settings.
A cockpit view should have all settings possible and dashboard view settings should remain limited.
Totally agree!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back