How to get transparent windows?

Hi guys,

I know that this has probably already been asked, and answered before, but I was wondering if someone could help me get my Mini's windows to be transparent... bit of a novice to GSC skinning.

I have attached an image of how it looks currently.
mini.jpg

Thanks!

Phil

What do you exactly want? Is it total transparancy, or do you have trouble looking out from cockpit view?

Working with the alpha layer as explained above, you van get it from completely full, to completely gone :)
gsc2012090213402954.jpg

Thanks for the replies guys.

I had a go at following the process in that thread Nick, but it still doesn't seem to work. Do I need to flatten the whole lot twice? Which is the alpha layer in the mini template that I have to put layer A above?

Marco, I was just looking to have the same level of transparency as the standard mini windows but with my own logos and name on them.

Ok. The level of transparancy is determined by the colour of the Alpha Layer indeed. What program do you use for skinning?

If you are using Photoshop, you should be able to select the Alpha layer in the layer window. Should be black/white representation of your car. I do not have the tools here to make a screenshot of it. Can do that later if you want.

I use Photoshop for skinning and there are two layers with an Alpha prefix, Alpha_out and Alpha_Base, I have had another play with it but still can't seem to make it work, must still be doing something wrong. :(

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back