How to get the best times for different players on the same computer? Local competition

What i'd do: prepare a separate car or track for the competition.

Giving every driver a named car would look best, but it requires modding the cars (very easy to do if you have tools ready, not so if you are green).
Alternatively, and this could be much better in practice, give every driver it's own named track.
You could either straight up copy the track, modify the kn5 file name to match the folder name and change it's in game name in ui_track.json or you could create a bunch of track layouts for a given track (a bit more work, but saves a ton of space as the textures are not copied)

This way you can have the best laptimes show in profile for everybody (on the same screen) as long as they remembered to switch tracks (or cars) when sitting down.

ps: also you can pour some oil in surfaces.ini for that guy who is too fast :p

Alternatively you could set up a local server, make everyone change names before driving, and use some multiplayer plugin to get the data and show the results in cool fashion but unless you have the tools already it would be more work to set up probably.

Alternatively you could set up a local server, make everyone change names before driving, and use some multiplayer plugin to get the data and show the results in cool fashion but unless you have the tools already it would be more work to set up probably.

This but simply setup the server for some hours of qualifying and just check the time table while in pits. Each participant should still be in the list with their respective fastest time. This should hopefully be the most simplest and fastest way to setup such a local competition.

This but simply setup the server for some hours of qualifying and just check the time table while in pits. Each participant should still be in the list with their respective fastest time. This should hopefully be the most simplest and fastest way to setup such a local competition.
Interesting idea, but AFAIK it's not the names but cars that are unique for the server. So normally when entering the server you are given the first car available from chosen type, and that overwrites any previous results for that car, this also means that you can set two different best laps for the same name if you switched to a different car.
Some leagues go around that by assigning unique steam ID to a car, but driving from one PC everybody has the same ID so it's out of the question.

If we somehow could have "named" cars that can be picked separately when joining then using local server would be great :)

Interesting idea, but AFAIK it's not the names but cars that are unique for the server. So normally when entering the server you are given the first car available from chosen type, and that overwrites any previous results for that car, this also means that you can set two different best laps for the same name if you switched to a different car.
Some leagues go around that by assigning unique steam ID to a car, but driving from one PC everybody has the same ID so it's out of the question.

If we somehow could have "named" cars that can be picked separately when joining then using local server would be great :)

Oh, thats totally true! My bad.
Then I think OP should go with the cloned & named cars.

31? thats quite a bunch, i've never tried it myslef, but really i think dedicated server software would be the best way to handle the results... idk something like kissmyrank (dl is on RD), i think it can run without any master server and there is a leaderboard built in, which can be viewed in game or in browser (including live notifications for the driver).

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back