PC2 How to get super fast setups for Project Cars 2 with just a few clicks

Dennis

RedShift Racing
Project Cars 2 has a pretty cool feature that seems to be not very known: You can download the car setups of almost all drivers in time trial - even from the record holders :) Follow this guide if you want to get up to speed quickly and don't have the time or knowledge to build something on your own!

1. Go to time trial and add the ghost of someone
tt1.PNG

2. Make sure the "tuning setup" icon is displayed:

tt2.PNG

3. After the game has loaded, just click on the little blue icon next to the ghost's name
tt3.PNG

4. Adjust fuel, increase both radiator and brake duct opening (> 50%), reduce boost pressure (turbo cars only)
Otherwise you will run out of fuel or blow up your engine if the race lasts longer than one lap ;)

I hope this helps some of you!

Last edited:
I'm wondering how accurate these are. I downloading one the other night and it was a basic setup with the radiator closed. Having a hard time believing they are using stock with radiator closed to get #2.

I'm wondering how accurate these are. I downloading one the other night and it was a basic setup with the radiator closed. Having a hard time believing they are using stock with radiator closed to get #2.
Contrary to what most people seem to believe a setup doesn't make anyone magically faster. Unless we're talking about a *very* specific track (Le Mans or Monaco for example) the setup is there to make the driver more comfortable and more confident in the car which in turn makes him or her faster, it's not supposed to make the car outright faster.
Last year during the RDGTC I remember @Octavia and @PfzFantaribo sometimes saying my setups were basically undrivable because they don't drive the same way as I do. Meanwhile I was fighting for top spots with those setups. :D
I just started the Formula X section of PC2's career and with a base setup (based on default Loose) that I adapt depending on the track I am on WR pace everywhere. There's really no black magic involved in reaching alien-level pace, it's just being comfortable with the car and being quick.

It's been shown time and time again that truly fast drivers don't care at all what setup is used.. they'll still be alien fast and will leave us mere mortals scratching our heads in disbelief.

This whole argument was put completely to rest at iRacing with their fixed setups. Some people are just incredibly talented. No use going looking for "other reasons" to their speed. Just accept it.

EDIT: Also, from my point of view (a person who is about mid-pack speed wise) it's always weird to see people struggling way below "normal pace". When somebody is 2 or 3 seconds off pace it looks really weird from my perspective and I can't understand how they can be so slow.. yet from their perspective my speed may look ridiculous and they'll be asking "how the f--k??".

This kind of back and forth lack of understanding the other's position is true in almost all walks of life. There are people who are exceptionally talented, there are people who are very talented, there are talented people and then there is the rest.. and those unfortunate people who aren't talented at all (and some of them don't even realize it).

It's been shown time and time again that truly fast drivers don't care at all what setup is used.. they'll still be alien fast and will leave us mere mortals scratching our heads in disbelief.

This whole argument was put completely to rest at iRacing with their fixed setups. Some people are just incredibly talented. No use going looking for "other reasons" to their speed. Just accept it.

EDIT: Also, from my point of view (a person who is about mid-pack speed wise) it's always weird to see people struggling way below "normal pace". When somebody is 2 or 3 seconds off pace it looks really weird from my perspective and I can't understand how they can be so slow.. yet from their perspective my speed may look ridiculous and they'll be asking "how the f--k??".

This kind of back and forth lack of understanding the other's position is true in almost all walks of life. There are people who are exceptionally talented, there are people who are very talented, there are talented people and then there is the rest.. and those unfortunate people who aren't talented at all (and some of them don't even realize it).

I once had a conversation with one of these so called aliens and he explained every corner of Monza and what he did with the setup with the car he was using ( the first Ferrari 458 in Assetto ).

The only thing he did was lowering the pressure of the tires a bit because you could not do very much with that particular car.
Viewing a Youtube clip of him did not seem to look much faster than mine but his finishing time was several seconds faster.

He also pointed out that certain corners was extra important regarding shaving off time. So it's a little here and there that makes a good finishing time.

Didn't mean him. But many of these record breakers are quick due to track cutting in all race games. Obviously not all though.:thumbsup:

Well if the game allows it, then players are going to utilize it !
It's really up to the developers I guess !

If I remember correctly, the alien driver I had a chat with uploaded a ghostfile of his for others to try.
The racing line was perfect and you could clearly see that he was breaking very much later than me ;)

I actually learned a lot from him !

A good setup will make almost anyone a couple of seconds faster per lap, that's just a fact. Really talented drivers can compensate for a lot of things, but bad gear ratios and too much drag will kill even the alienest aliens laptimes. But obviously, a quick driver will always be faster.

------

and I would just like to clarify that what i meant by this:

THAT'S how you do it??! *facepalm*

Was that this system of setup sharing is increadibly clunky and unintuitive. What I expected you to be able to do was simply click on the cog&spanner icon in the time trial result window and download right there.

Wow the setups make a massive difference went from struggling at 40% difficulty around 1 second behind struggling to keep the formula rookie on track to almost 1 second quicker at 70%. All that improvement by downloading a setup. Thanks for the tip.

If a track has 20 corners and you are .100 seconds slower in each corner, you are 2 seconds slower...so it doesn't take much. What I find with people who are slower than me is
1. They don't use the ENTIRE track surface including all usable runoff areas.
2. They are not smooth with inputs.
3. They underestimate how much speed they can carry through a corner.
4. They concentrate on braking later, which is nice, but you gain more time by accelerating out of a corner earlier if there is any kind of straight afterwards.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 214 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 210 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years