How to get started??

I am fully aware of that this has most probably been answered more than one time before but I am unable to find it and keen to get started.
I have been driving sims for a while but I would like to engage in racing with others within Raceroom. I have downloaded teamspeak but what else do I need to do in order to sign up for my first event? How can I check that I can communicate with others? How do I sign on to the correct teamspeak server and where do I input that? Which server do I connect to in Raceroom when the event starts etc.
I would really like some answers on how to get started so again - sorry for not being able to understand or finding the information. I have been racing multiplayer in Raceroom many times but wants to get into more organized racing.

Not sure if I am really helped by that as that was not as clear instructions as I had hoped for. So what you say is that after I have installed teamspeak I just go to racedepartment.com and the widget will be there to click at and everything will be working by itself????

Not sure if I am really helped by that as that was not as clear instructions as I had hoped for. So what you say is that after I have installed teamspeak I just go to racedepartment.com and the widget will be there to click at and everything will be working by itself????
Yep, if you go through the instruction that Kenny linked, and follow the steps, it works. :) Once you have installed TS, when you go to the widget and click on the link: it opens TeamSpeak. Then you need to click and drag your name to the Raceroom folder, and you'll be able to talk to the other people racing R3E. It is pretty simple, don't worry!
When you install TS, you can check if your mic is working. But people will certainly be willing to help you if your voice is either too low or too loud.

Also don't forget to go to your profile page and fill in your real name please, it is mandatory if you want to race in the club (only premium users will see it). Same in game and on TS: use your real name please. :)

Looking forward to meet you on track one day; I'm sure you will like it! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Yes then I can help you to adjust the settings.
If you're available later today I can talk you through some stuff.
We have a quiet race tonight you could maybe think about joining and the other guys will be pleased to advise you.

You might want to check out a little app called Crew Chief as well. It's main function is to give you verbal warnings about nearby cars which really helps your awareness while racing. It can also give you warnings about flags, fuel levels, tyre wear and other stuff too if you want. It's easy to use... just install it and run it. Job done.

You can find it here.

I did plan to join so I managed to get in and be connected but then everything else in the world happened at the same so I stayed connected the whole evening and when I finally found the time to check it was too late.
I noticed though that I got two pokes for not using my real name so if anyone was mad at "Viking63ef" - please forgive me :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back