How to: get rid of the head movement in rFactor

Go to your PLR file.

Programfiles -> Rfactor -> Userdata -> your name and then the PLR file and change Mult1 and 2 to zero.

Cockpit Vibration Mult1="1.00000" // Primary vibration multiplier affects eyepoint position (base magnitude is in VEH or cockpit file)
Cockpit Vibration Freq1="31.00000" // Primary rate of vibration affects eyepoint position (higher framerates allow higher rates)
Cockpit Vibration Mult2="1.00000" // Secondary vibration multiplier affects eyepoint orientation (base magnitude is in VEH or cockpit file)
Cockpit Vibration Freq2="37.00000" // Secondary rate of vibration affects eyepoint orientation

Why would you want to get rid of head movement???Its natural and it is a part of racing.Of course its gonna affect your lap times,and require far more concentration but thats life! For me it is one of the best features in rFactor,if you wanna find out how lifeless and artificial is driving without it,take codies F1 2010 for a spin)

The difference between head movement in the game and in real life is that in real life, you can keep your eyes focused on a point because you can feel the bumps through your whole body, hence you know when the bumps are coming. In rFactor, you only know where bumps are through the steering wheel; you are not feeling the effects of the bumps, but the on-screen driver is, so using head movement never really makes sense to me. No head movement isn't realistic from a physical perspective, but then to me neither is head movement when enabled.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 282 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 191 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 249 13.4%