How to get in touch with the locked servers.

When Raceroom does display the available MP servers there is a lot which is locked so you need a password.
In Racerooms MP menu there is no way to get in touch with these servers.
And when I have tried to google the names of the servers I have until now not been able to locate an email adress or something from even one of them.
How do you get in contact with the guys on these servers?

EDIT ½H later:
OK after some further research I can maybe(!) answer the question myself.
Because it looks like you can find at least some of the names in Racerooms official forum.
Leagues & Communities

So If Im right then dont bother to use time to answer.
But if Im not then...:whistling:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, what you said it pretty much the only way to contact the owners of servers. Sometimes a website address is in the name (like ours) but if it's just a name, and they haven't posted their events on the forum you linked to, then there's no way of knowing who the owner is really.

Thanks for answering Ross.:thumbsup:
Im a bit disappointed because after using 1H on the mentioned forum I havent found anything for the cars I like.
It looks like everything is for the damned GT3/4 or some german series with the same cars.

My prefered cars at the moment is mainly formula cars. Like FR90 or the FR-US or the P1/2 protos.
But conserning the FR-US then its only used in US - and their race time is when old BrunoB is sleeping.

The only slightly interresting is an italian league using the Aquila.:sleep:
Hehe but driving the Aquila after the other power cars is a bit meh.
And furthermore the italian league dont seem to have much races in this car.
They also prefer GT3/4 cars.:x3:

But at least I can chose my favorite in the LBs.
Where there are no mandatory pit messup.:roflmao:

Yep, many servers go with either whatever is the most popular among the masses, like GTR 3/4 or WTCC/WTCR, because they're "easy" to drive. Or sometimes they try and boost numbers by going with free content, like the Aquila or Silhouette Series.

I personally love the Formula cars in R3E, including the FR US, but they unfortunately don't seem to be very popular with the club. Hence I rarely bother running them. It's a shame really, because they're quality cars that can provide great racing.

Yeah I have seen the few times you have announced races with the formula cars almost everybody are going into some hide mode.
But furthermore Im probably even more lousy myself because I havent upped myself to practice the mentioned pit messup.
So I at least can join the next time power cars turns up in your club races - and maybe even be able to not kill myself in the pit(menus).:roflmao:
I have to practice this pit thing - yeah and install the hud & chief thing too.
Oh man:sleep:

Haha yeah I know.
I guess the worst thing with Racerooms pit service is that you have to create some pit presets but dont really know if they are active.
And a further nuisance is that if you change something inside a preset then its impossible to change the name of the preset to show what the changed preset now include. You have to create a complete new preset if the name shall show the new content.
hehe and if Im wrong here then maybe the reason is that the preset menus does really show ad hoc programming when its worst.:sneaky:

I guess the worst thing with Racerooms pit service is that you have to create some pit presets but dont really know if they are active.
And a further nuisance is that if you change something inside a preset then its impossible to change the name of the preset to show what the changed preset now include. You have to create a complete new preset if the name shall show the new content.
In the pit stop presets menu, there is a column in the table indicating whether the preset is active or not. Apart from that, there is a rename button below the list.

Personally, I just make four profiles... one for fuel and tyres, one for tyres only, one for splash-and-dash, and one to repair damage. Then I just activate/deactivate them as required, based on the event I'm racing in.

Personally, I just make four profiles... one for fuel and tyres, one for tyres only, one for splash-and-dash, and one to repair damage. Then I just activate/deactivate them as required, based on the event I'm racing in.
OK maybe thats the reason.
Or at least one of the reasons Racerooms pitmessup irritates me.
I dont keep it simple - enough.:whistling:

@MAjOR Majuh
Thank you for telling me about the active/inactive column. :roflmao:
But what does confuse meme and all the other people that ALSO have criticised this mess is that a preset can be both active and inactive if the damned green colour inside the preset to the right hasnt been activated too.:rolleyes:

And conserning the renaming thing then I was incorrect (probably a personal memory block).:roflmao:
But the correct fu** nuisance is that if you change a preset and logically also want to change the description of this preset then its fu** impossible! :rolleyes:

You have to create a complete new preset - because only then its possible to "change" the description.
Dig that you major defender of all Racerooms oddities.:roflmao:

noEditDescript.jpg

In all honesty I think you're making a bigger deal out of non-issues than is needed. While the system may not be the uber-super-duper simple system the masses seem to expect these days, it also isn't particularly complicated. Once you've used it once you know how it works, it's not rocket science.

• Active column tells you if the profile is active or not, ie, if it will appear in your on-board pit menu. Useful for reducing clutter when certain profiles are not needed for a race.
  • Green highlights tell you what actions will be performed during your stop with that profile.
  • Profiles can be named and renamed at will.
  • Description... why does this field even exist? It serves no purpose since there are no complicated things you can do with the pit menu that requires an extra description beyond it's name.
For example, my profiles are called:

Tyres Only
Tyres & Fuel
Splash & Dash
Repairs

What more do you need to know about a profile than that? The description can't be seen while driving, and selecting it in the preset menu shows you what it does if you forget.

Everywhere I can I use such description fields to help remembering what is going on - and (urgent) what changes I have made.
Just wait until you get older yourself conserning clinging to lost personal memory cues in things you use.:sneaky:

And thats by coincidence is the reason I have been one of the guys expressing my thankfulness because Raceroom in the new setup menus(garage) have included a long notes field inside every setup.
Nobody else (I have seen) has mentioned this!:cool:

And Im saying this because both the mentioned @MAjOR and a lot of others who more or less blindly did defend Raceroom against my critique of too short setup names - have been greatly undercut by the Raceroom devs who actually did listen.:thumbsup:
Because they both made the setup names a bit longer but more urgent included the new comment field inside every setup.
Thats the reason I dont act the defaistic way of saying that when something isnt working in Raceroom then it dont matter - because why should it work.
Hehe and people like me are only nitpicking fools:whistling:

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: Your advice of keeping the presets simple I still consider OK :thumbsup:

But what does confuse meme and all the other people that ALSO have criticised this mess is that a preset can be both active and inactive if the damned green colour inside the preset to the right hasnt been activated too.:rolleyes:

And conserning the renaming thing then I was incorrect (probably a personal memory block).:roflmao:
But the correct fu** nuisance is that if you change a preset and logically also want to change the description of this preset then its fu** impossible! :rolleyes:

You have to create a complete new preset - because only then its possible to "change" the description.
Dig that you major defender of all Racerooms oddities.:roflmao:
Yes, the green color is a bit stupid because it's not intuitive at all. The concept itself is useful I think, but they should've done it with checkboxes instead.

You are right, descriptions can't be changed ingame, but if you really want to change them badly, you could manually edit Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\Player1\pitpresets.xml.

@MAjOR Majuh:thumbsup:
Haha you really does amaze me.
But this time in a humoristic slightly positive way.:laugh:

I agree that I havent thought that this description was actually saved inside a readable file.
But but my good man - if your blod pressure allready are over the red line because you are not allowed to edit the fu** description for your changed preset - what do you think will happen if you are forced to close the game down and then open the mentioned file in Notepad to try to find the description lines - and and...
Personally I know precisely what would probably happen. And I have no personal nurse able to call 999.:sneaky:

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: Conserning the green colour then as I see it - and what confuses normal people - is that it is not needed at all! Instead if you activate a preset then IT SHOULD BE ACTIVATED!
Plain and simple.:sneaky:
And if you just before a a pitstop want to activate another preset instead - then just make it selectable AND OFCOURSE ACTIVATED in the pitstop warning menu.
This double activate thing is the result of what I call ad hoc programming.

South Park: Ad hoc programming are bad - mkey?
:roflmao:

I'm not quite sure why you say that the pit stop actions need to be activated two times. In my eyes, they need to be activated only once, and this is "making them green" by clicking on them in the pit stop presets menu or toggling them while out on track.

You need to be able to tell the game which pit stop actions shall be performed because sometimes you want to change your tires, and sometimes you want to keep your old tires. You also can't do everything via presets because there are too many possibilities of what can happen during a race.

Ok then I will bend it in neon for you.:roflmao:
Raceroom is the only racing game where you is able to activate a non activated preset - so the result in the pit is that it is non-activated.
So if you have activated a non-green preset inside the activate menu then you can select it when you pit - and watch in your pitbox that nothing happens:roflmao: - because the activated preset wasnt activated twice to make it green too.
Twice means 2 times.:thumbsup:

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: I fear I will have to answer the silly question now: But why didnt you allready activate the preset twice(2x) in the preset menu? So it was displayed green? :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

If you're talking about the column "Active" in the pit stop presets menu, I think you don't really understand what this column is supposed to do. When you create a new preset, it's already active. There's no need to activate it as long as you don't deactivate it.

You are able to deactivate presets if you won't need them in the upcoming race, for example you don't need to switch drivers when running a DTM race. The only thing that should be more clear is how to activate a specific pit stop action within the preset. A checkbox would be better than having to click into the action field.

In my eyes, they need to be activated only once
It is probably this part that is the crucial part in this looong and now slightly boring "cliffhanger".
By this part I mean your "In my eyes..."

Because when people use that phrase - then logic is often completely unnessesary.:rolleyes:

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: ["cliffhanger" end\]

It is probably this part that is the crucial part in this looong and now slightly boring "cliffhanger".
By this part I mean your "In my eyes..."

Because when people use that phrase - then logic is often completely unnessesary.:rolleyes:

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: ["cliffhanger" end\]
In my previous post I explained why by default only one activation is necessary. That doesn't even have anything to do with my eyes.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 268 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 179 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 180 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 132 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 236 13.4%