How to get FFB working on T300

Brandon Wright

I may not be fast, but I'm wide!
I've had this game for quite awhile but never really played it. First time I tried after it first came out there was no FFB and I just never messed with it again. That was on my previous PC. Just installed it on my current PC last night and have the same problem, I can feel vibrations and stuff but there is no resistance at all. I've queried Google but found nothing. Anyone here have any ideas on how to make my FFB work? It works fine in every other game, just this one that's wonky.

It's same as ETS2 there isn't really any proper ffb so vibration is all you get. I have my cp settings on 100 then you can mess with ingame settings for gain etc.

I've read otherwise, there's even a FFB plugin available that changes/improves it so there should be some weight to the wheel. According to this thread on reddit there should be engine vibrations and steering weight, I only get the vibrations. OP mentions that he found a solution which was increasing the spring setting in the TM profiler, I'll give that a try this evening though I suspect that's more of a bandaid than an actual fix. Another poster said toggling the FFB off then on used to fix the issue but an update made that fix not work anymore.

https://www.reddit.com/r/trucksim/comments/8gmyow/ets2_thrustmaster_t300rs_no_force_feedback/

Edit: What this guy describes is what I'm experiencing, doesn't look like he found a solution though
https://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=181&t=274610&p=1182408&hilit=ffb#p1182408

Last edited:
I had a short tinker with this. Cranking up the spring and damper in the Thrustmaster control panel adds some weight to the wheel. It's artificial and generic but it's a little better than having no weight to the wheel. I'm going to try to tinker some more this evening but I've not found much info on this so I'm not sure what to test.

So, yeah, I think to get FFB in this game you just have to add some spring and damper in your respective control panel/profiler for your wheel. I put 25% spring and 100% damper and now the FFB feels decent, not gonna win any awards or anything but then again in this game you don't need award-winning FFB. I used the in-game adjustments to dial it in and it feels fairly pleasing now, and it's much nicer taking a long haul with some feeling in the wheel.

If anyone knows any other solutions I'm all ears, but at least this works for now.

EDIT: I now run both spring and damper at 100% and the FFB feels pretty great.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back