How to get better at rFactor?

Hi, I really am bad at rFactor, All the time I just spin out exiting corners (From wheel spin) and I don't feel connected to the rear wheel at all. I'm using a Logitech Driving Force GT and would like some tips for better feel from the rear tyres or some setup help to make the rear tires not spin up or feel less nervous in slow speed corner.

I can complete multiple laps without spinning but I am painfully slow (Compared to other driver in the rFactor league) and usually loose the bulk of my time on the exit of corners. I have tried setup guides like 'Setup Matrix' and other ones similar but I just cant get the car to respond the way I want it to

Thanks in Advance
MotorsportBoy97

Try to race with out any aids, be gentle on the throttle exiting corners only apply gas when wheels are straight. On setup remove some tyre pressure or make suspension a bit softer a few clicks down.

How long have you being racing with Rfactor ?

Last edited:
Try to race with out any aids, be genital on the throttle exiting corners only apply gas when wheels are straight. On setup remove some tyre pressure or make suspension a bit softer a few clicks down.

Ive been playing rFactor for quite a few years now, I got the game about August time in 2010 but only just (Because of the league) been using no assists (Apart from Auto gears)

Try to race with out any aids, be genital on the throttle exiting corners only apply gas when wheels are straight. On setup remove some tyre pressure or make suspension a bit softer a few clicks down.

Great advice, although trying to squeeze in to the footwell with you man parts hanging out may be awkward, also you don't get the same control when it's cold:)

Great advice, although trying to squeeze in to the footwell with you man parts hanging out may be awkward, also you don't get the same control when it's cold:)
Look, no hands!
IMG_9768.JPG

+1 for consistency. Once you are consistent and in full control of the vehicle you can start pushing harder and seeing where you can pick up the extra time. I don't think there is any magic bullet to get better, you just need to practice, practice, practice. Thankfully practising sim racing is fun.

"All the time I just spin out exiting corners (From wheel spin) "

Try lowering the "power" setting alot! and raise the "coast" setting abit. Try starting with the lowest "power" setting the raise it as you get more consistent, also lower rear springs, gives more grip to rear wheels. (they maybe called something else in RF1)
Also lower rear "antiroll bar"
Sounds to me you are coming out of corners then slamming down the gas pedal
But I'm no expert, but learning settings slowly myself ;)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 335 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 465 39.0%