How to get a good performance with this game?

Ok...i give up on waiting for SLI support for this game and RF2 so i sell my 780 AMP cars and got a 980 TI AMP. Started Raceroom and the performance is still crap...reduced the shadows and now the fps is a bit better, but still terrible...must run vsync to get at least 60 fps and the input lag kills the feeling. The game is looking very bad too...i believe due the lack of shadows. Without vsync game is unplayable, too much stuttering, tearing, fps drops.... Overclocked the card to 1400 mhz boost and still no go... Whats up? With my system i can run Pcars at high details with fps >60.
i7 3770k@4.2
16 ghz RAM
980 ti AMP@ +180 mhz.
triple screens at 5760x1080

Turn vsync off.....I had a terrible performance with it on and could barely keep 60 fps
I have gtx 970, i7 2600 with a 3440x1440p monitor and I can run max settings with x8 AA and I get 80+ fps and runs perfectly smooth with vsync off

VSync has nothing to do with it really, .. I always use VSync, .. in all my simulations, .. racing, flight etc., .. and don't have any issues whatsoever.

With VSync off, .. I get between 100 and 160 fps (with 2xSGSS & 4x MSAA in NVidia settings, 8xFSAA in R3E), .. but, I don't enjoy it, .. my eyes perceive the fluctuations, .. and it appears jittery. Also, the mirror frame rate is still lower than the rest of the sim.

As I said previously, .. prior to the latest R3E update/patch, .. I had no issues whatsoever, .. and that was with my GTX 780. After the update, .. I, .. and others, noticed the reduced frame rate in the mirrors only. It's been mentioned on the Sector 3 forums.

I've subsequently upgraded to a GTX 980 ti, .. and it didn't make one iota of difference to the mirror frame rate. Somebody mentioned turning down reflections to low, .. and that resolved it. Main screen and Mirror frame rates are as smooth as silk again (no deviation from 60 fps), .. the caveat being, .. car reflections are low.

.. and to Ho3n3r, .. I've been using VSync in Racing Sims since the 90s, .. and have had no problems with input lag, .. similarly with all my flight/space sims, .. no input lag with any of my Hotas, or Yoke Systems. Whilst it might have been/be a problem on older/slower systems, .. it really shouldn't be on modern fast systems.

Cheers
Tom

VSync has nothing to do with it really, .. I always use VSync, .. in all my simulations, .. racing, flight etc., .. and don't have any issues whatsoever.

With VSync off, .. I get between 100 and 160 fps (with 2xSGSS & 4x MSAA in NVidia settings, 8xFSAA in R3E), .. but, I don't enjoy it, .. my eyes perceive the fluctuations, .. and it appears jittery. Also, the mirror frame rate is still lower than the rest of the sim.

As I said previously, .. prior to the latest R3E update/patch, .. I had no issues whatsoever, .. and that was with my GTX 780. After the update, .. I, .. and others, noticed the reduced frame rate in the mirrors only. It's been mentioned on the Sector 3 forums.

I've subsequently upgraded to a GTX 980 ti, .. and it didn't make one iota of difference to the mirror frame rate. Somebody mentioned turning down reflections to low, .. and that resolved it. Main screen and Mirror frame rates are as smooth as silk again (no deviation from 60 fps), .. the caveat being, .. car reflections are low.

.. and to Ho3n3r, .. I've been using VSync in Racing Sims since the 90s, .. and have had no problems with input lag, .. similarly with all my flight/space sims, .. no input lag with any of my Hotas, or Yoke Systems. Whilst it might have been/be a problem on older/slower systems, .. it really shouldn't be on modern fast systems.

Cheers
Tom

By definition, vsync WILL induce input lag. Just the fact that you don't notice it, doesn't mean it isn't there. It's very little, but if you drive as much as I do, you definitely notice the difference.

But each to his own.

with one AMD 290x I can run 3x1080P monitors at max settings (except motion blur, and AA set to 4x instead of 8x) always above 60fps, except for a handful of tracks.

With two AMD 290x in crossfire, those handful of tracks are always above 60fps.

To be honest turning of Vsync in game settings helps a lot in R3E & Stock Car Extreme - at least that's one I've tested - to maintain more than 60fps under all circumstances. To have Vsync on and keep performance I would recommend to turn it on in Radeon/GeForce panel for this specific executable/game.

.. and that .. 'reflection optimization' .. broke the fps in the mirrors. Although everything else was running at a smooth 60 fps, .. the fps in the mirrors looked like it was running at 30 fps, .. or less. I found it incredibly distracting, .. not too mention, .. that it started giving me headaches.

The only way to have mirrors running smooth again, .. is to set car reflections on low. :(

Prior to this last update, .. I had every setting on it's maximum, .. and running at 2560x1440, .. with vsync on, .. I had a constant .. smooth, .. 60 fps, .. mirrors included .. :)

.. so, their .. 'optimization' .. has had an adverse effect on my racing experience. :(

Cheers
Tom

Yay :) .. after today's patch/update, .. mirror fps are back to normal, .. so, I have been able to set Car Reflections on high again. :)

Cheers
Tom

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 285 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%