F1 2010 How to force direct x 9...f1 2010

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi guys,

Just buit myself a new pc and done a completely fresh install of 2010.

Unfortunantly it keeps crashing on loading.

I seem to remember something about editing a file to force direct x 9 in 2010 that solved alot of problems.

Unfortuantly the search is disabled on the 2010 forum at the moment.

I dont suppose anyone has a not of what the file was and how you change it.

Downloading 2011 off steam as we speak so hopefully that will work ok.

Sorry to post here but the 2010 forum is pretty dead

Check your hardware_settings_info.xml should be in Documents\My Games\FormulaOne\hardwaresettings youshould see at the top of the file the OS detection CPU and then graphics card make sure it has dx11="false", that should force it to dx9. There is also a setting in the hardware_settings_config.xml
<directx forcedx9="false" /> set this to "true" I hope this helps if not post a more details what patch version, any mods, your hardware and when the game is crashing might help.

Thanks normalizer.

I did a complete reinstall and it appears to be working fine now (without actually having to change anything)

I think what didnt help was that first time aound I got my GWL password wrong and it threw a bit of a wobbler and maybe corrupted something.

I have moved this over to F1 2010 forum - with so much going on in the 2011 fprum, we need to keep it all relevant to the new title.

The search box is showing here now, plus you can always google your term with racedepartment.com in the search field - has pretty much the same effect.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 293 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 204 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 262 13.6%