How to force AI-pitstops?

Hey guys,
I want to create some offline GT3 racing with a pitstop. However I know that I can´t force the AI to go into the pits, they need a legit reason to pit (e.g. empty fuel tank). In GT3 the cars have a fuel tank size of around 110 litres, which means that my races are minimum 45-50 laps long. That takes round about 1,5 to 2 hours, which is way too long for me, I would prefer races with a length of about 45-60 minutes. Therefore I need to reduce the fuel tank size of the AI or make them use more fuel than before to force them into the pits.

Is there an app for that or does anybody have an idea to do that?

if you buy content manager you can set fuel to up to 5x.
sorry i dont use assetto corsas menues anymore so i dont know.
you can read about it here.
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/content-manager-full-version.135804/

I just read all 7 pages of the thread you suggested and didn't see anything about pit stops.

There are three threads on this A/C forum asking the same question: Is it possible to force AI to make pitstops in A/C? ...

Over the past 2 years I've seen this same question easily 20 to 30 times and never answered by somebody already doing it.

At this time I don't believe A/C's AI can be forced to make pit stops. If it's possible, I doubt it will happen until somebody makes an app for it like weather and darkness for A/C.

I already tested it, doesn't work.

If you raise the fuel comsumption the AI goes crazy, doing more than 3 pitstops in a race.

They start with 30 liters, if 30 liters lasts for 3 laps in a 6lap race, at the third lap they stop to refuel, but after that they keep stopping everylap.

And you don't need content manager to raise fuel comsumption, go to mydocuments<assetto corsa< cfg<assists.ini

Last edited:
Use the same trick i used for gtr2.

Make a clone of the cars you want to use with ac tuner.

Unpack the data file if its not all ready
Then change the max amount of fuel a car can handle.

If its vanilla 150 liters change it to lets say 70 liters. And do this for every car you want to use offline

The car dont have less weight same weight but the fuel tank is "smaller"

Is there a way to get the AI to start with a full tank?

Seems kinda silly to pit for four laps of NOS?

Thanks,

MFG Carsten
In the same file above the max fuel
There is a line (i am not on my pc right now) but thats estimated fuel its set about 60 to 70 % of a the max fuel command line. Example max fuel is 140 liters the line above is set to 70 or 80 liters.

Set that line to 140 liters.

Thats the only thing you could try on top of my head. Without tempering with lot of settings

Last edited:
Do you have a proper ai line for nordschliefe (without gp track and not the tourist one)
Ai allways hit the right hand pitwall the last corner for start finnish (kunos nordschliefe) and pit entry well thats a destruction derby kind of thing full speed on the left hand guard rail pit entry..

Last edited:
I already tested it, doesn't work.

If you raise the fuel comsumption the AI goes crazy, doing more than 3 pitstops in a race.

They start with 30 liters, if 30 liters lasts for 3 laps in a 6lap race, at the third lap they stop to refuel, but after that they keep stopping everylap.

And you don't need content manager to raise fuel comsumption, go to mydocuments<assetto corsa< cfg<assists.ini
Yes you can implement ai pitstops

Just make the fuel tank volume smaller
And default fuel load to a smaller number

The fuel tank how big or small the volume is its allways the same virtual square so if you make the tank volume 50 or 60 liters thats the max amount of fuel it takes.. so if your race needed 120 liters of fuel they will pit.

If you want some pit strategy just edit every fuel volume

Give some cars max 55 liters and give a other car 60 liters they dont stop all on the same lap..

Ai never runs out of fuel..

I have ai drive a full lap of nordschliefe on 1 liter.. it allways will fill up to 1 liter if it drops below 0.998 look inside setup debug app...you will see

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 249 15.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 167 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 166 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 122 7.4%
  • < 5 years