How to: find servers in the rFactor lobby?

Bram

Founder & Administrator
Staff
Premium
No problem they are online but sometimes the lobby reacts strange. Please try the following to solve this problem:

• Go to: X:\rFactor\UserData\Your Name
  • Find Multiplayer.ini
  • Right click and open with notepad
  • Find:
  • Code:
    Concurrent Server Updates="[B]400[/B]" // servers in join list, should be less for modem users, more for broadband (game now automatically finds more if (3 * download_kbps) exceeds this number)
  • Replace with:
  • Code:
    Concurrent Server Updates="[B]1000[/B]" // servers in join list, should be less for modem users, more for broadband (game now automatically finds more if (3 * download_kbps) exceeds this number)
  • Don't forget that we write our server name in capitals. rFactor list small letters first followed by capitals

Hi - just a quick stupid question...

I've seen reference in various places on this site to rFactor servers, but even after following the advice above, I could only find 1 RD server, running the Legends Cars, which did not require a password to join. Is this correct?

Note - I'm not suggesting there should be more RD servers or anything like that, just wondering if I'm missing something!

We havent set up the event servers yet, so it is we'll possible that just one public server is running for track testing with the legends cars

Last weeks i can't seem to find our servers anymore whatever i do or change to my PLR file.

It is driving me so nuts that it discourages me to even fire up the game at all! How come it only seems to affect our server while i can see others perfectly over and over again :(

No i am looking to all our servers. Everytime i have to refresh the lobby a million times to get them visible. This ruins my desire to join rFactor events, so frustrated i am about this

I dont want to connect thru ip. If we host rooms and servers then i want them to be visible :)
What i dont get is that certain servers are always visible. How many times i refresh doesnt matter, they will always appear. Have they changed something on the server side?
And where can i dump this question as an official support question to ISI?

• Kyle Evers

Too bad this method only works when I run rFactor as Administrator. In which case I only get half of my tracks and cars.

As Bram , i can't see any of the RD servers , dont matter howmany refreshes , they just don't apear...

allready know a sollution Bram ?

i did edit the ini file , but rfactor keeps editing it back to 400 ...

As Ryan said, you need to change that INI otherwise you will be searching and searching but with no result.

I changed it and since then its a lot better. Although i dont understand why i can see certain servers all the time without problems. But 99 procent of hte time its good now

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 351 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 488 39.2%