How to export data

Hi guys. It is probably a bit annoying but I have yet another question for you. Is there any way to export data from Racer? I'm looking for graphs, tables or smth that can tell you position of the car (or coordinates, or lane deviation - smth like that), steering input, braking input and stuff like that versus time. Like "At time 3:55 the car was at coordinates X;Y;Z".
Basically, I want to syncronize Racer with another simulator that was done in MATLAB and Simulink. If there is no way of extracting all the data from Racer directly may be there is some way to import some data from MATLAB or smth? If anyone has any ideas I would appriciate if you share them.

And yet another small question. I've tried to do a very simple track in Bob's Track Builder. Everything was good expect the sky. I've tried to apply the sky image from Carlswood with "background image" but it seems it's not what I'm looking for....or I'm doing it wrong. So when the race starts sky is black, and when you begin to turn it looks like on the picture. So there is literally no sky and I don't know how to apply it properly.
sky13.jpg

I don't think you can use them in realtime, but the logging function (in racer.ini, look for 'log.enable') will give you all that data. Set log.enable=1 as well as any series you want to log, and the period in ms to fine tune how much data you get.
http://www.racer.nl/reference/log2mat.htm should have info on how to get logs into MATLAB.

You need sky geometry (usually the upper half of a sphere pointing inward) with the 'sky_v/sky_f' shaders applied to it - see Carlswood's track.shd for reference, as well as sky.dof. The model needs enough vertices to look ok, cause it picks sky colour at each corner and interpolates. If you map a texture to it, the 'clouds' variable controls how visible it is.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 99 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 178 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 495 39.2%