How to: driver swap in rFactor

1st thanks to Damian for origonal posting this :good:

1) The current driver alerts his replacement via TS that he is in his pit window.

2) Replacement driver (D2) connects to the server then alerts the current driver (D1) he has made it in.

* D2 needs to come in as a spectator. Make sure D2 switches his settings before entering the server: Start rFactor>click on "Online Settings">change Spectate to "On"

The D2 driver then check's the garage area that he has his setup named the proper way and that it is listed as "Current" and "Default". D1 driver will go into the final lap of his stint and inform the pit-crew. Now D2 will then left-click on D1's name in the list (it should go red). D2 presses the "Passenger Select key" and click "Race". D2 should see a message informing him that "you are now riding with ..." just the same as D1 should receive an appropriate message ("... is now riding with you"). This should be done within one lap of the replacement driver joining the server.....NO MORE!! It is impertative that all non-drivers are off the server at any given time to reduce server load.

* Current driver needs to select driver in pit menu before actually stopping in pits!

3) D1 driver goes’ to the pit menu hud and scrolls to the bottom where it says driver and his own name, there he selects the driver going to take over the car (D2) and then goes into the pits and onto his pit box where the pit stop will then take place with a message saying you will lose control in ** seconds. Once the time is up the specating driver (D2) will take control of the car and drive from the pit box out of the pits. Once D2 has taken control of the car, D1 will then need to hit the "Passenger Select" key to remove himself from riding with the car. The D1 driver is then to IMMEDIATELY exit the server once this switch has been completed.

Are we not doing standard driver swap in the future events though? Not hot swap?

Can't remember not been driving in club events for a while. Normal driver swap has turned out to be better at places such as ILMS, rather then hot swap which caused a few disco's at SSCA.

Are we not doing standard driver swap in the future events though? Not hot swap?

Can't remember not been driving in club events for a while. Normal driver swap has turned out to be better at places such as ILMS, rather then hot swap which caused a few disco's at SSCA.

i`ve never done one yet m8 and i imagine a lot of the new rF drivers havent either.

Ben posted this is the BVM forum "You just join in the same car and Skin as your team mate, then you press P,your team mate selects your name from the pit hud menu. Sorted"

i presume its best done while in the pit lane though?

is that what you mean by hot swaping?

For number 3 update Nigel's post and put this:

[FONT=&quot]3) D1 driver goes’ to the pit menu hud and scrolls to the bottom where it says driver and his own name, there he selects the driver going to take over the car (D2) and then goes into the pits and onto his pit box where the pit stop will then take place with a message saying you will lose control in ** seconds. Once the time is up the specating driver (D2) will take control of the car and drive from the pit box out of the pits. Once D2 has taken control of the car, D1 will then need to hit the "Passenger Select" key to remove himself from riding with the car. The D1 driver is then to IMMEDIATELY exit the server once this switch has been completed.

Delete this line also:

Warning:Teams doing a driver swap while on the racing surface (mid-lap), will NOT be tolerated! These swaps can ONLY happen while in the pits. Your car has to come into pit lane, complete it's pitstop and then start rolling out of the pitbox before a swap can take place.[/FONT]

One more FAQs:
The D2 driver then check's the garage area that he has his setup named the proper way and that it is listed as "Current" and "Default"
What is the proper name for a setup in this procedure ?

a) Do drivers have to share the identical setup and name ?
or
b) may D2 use different setup settings but he has to give it the same filename the setup of D1 has ?
or
c) may both drivers use complete individual setups (settings and filename) ?

One more FAQs:
What is the proper name for a setup in this procedure ?

a) Do drivers have to share the identical setup and name ?
or
b) may D2 use different setup settings but he has to give it the same filename the setup of D1 has ?
or
c) may both drivers use complete individual setups (settings and filename) ?

i believe the server is setup to use just 1 setup as IRL.

you can change your steering lock before you take over the car, but i dont know how to do that yet. but will find out and post the info :)

The D2 driver then check's the garage area that he has his setup named the proper way and that it is listed as "Current" and "Default".

I guess that would mean that the two drivers can have different setups. Setups are local, but I guess the naming of it comes into play so the server loads it correctly?

The D2 driver then check's the garage area that he has his setup named the proper way and that it is listed as "Current" and "Default".

I guess that would mean that the two drivers can have different setups. Setups are local, but I guess the naming of it comes into play so the server loads it correctly?

Nice to meet you on here :music2:
This questions is very important,
So,I think all racing man is want to know this :)
Same this questions,i post it on rFactor website :)
Anyway,see you on the different area:)

Hi Guys

I have this problem so I hope that you can help me figure it out...

I was trying to make a hot swap did everything that is written in the first post, but for some reason, I can't see the D2 name into the HUD menu so I can select him to complete the swap.

So in short:
Server settings are set to allow hotswap
Both me and the second driver use the same setups
I request a pit-stop, he then joins as a passenger in the car and I get the notification that he is riding with me
He then presses "Race" to fully join
And that's the point where all of it stops...

I can't see his name into the pit menu, I tried to use the Hot Swap button but I only get a message "hotswap disallowed" (and it is into the server settings)
So I'm now out of ideas what to try next or I'm not aware if i make a misstake

Thanks

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 73 12.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 51 8.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 62 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 36 6.0%