F1 2021 How to drive to let the tires wear evenly?

F1 2021 The Game (Codemasters)
wear.png

This is how my tyre wear looks towards the end of a stint. Is there anything I can do to alleviate or fix it? Driving slower doesn't seem to help, AI just blows you away otherwise. Is it a setup thing or are there any settings I can change to help?

Hmm, fairly sure my wear has been pretty even. At least I've not noticed any patterns as such.

Could it be that you are locking your fronts too much?

I'm driving with no assists using a wheel and pedals and just trying to be smooth. Unless on new softs, I find I have to use higher gears than optimal quite often to get traction and protect the rears. It's fairly rare for me to have significant lock-ups too. Equally I'm not very fast! Generally race with AI on 85 and and typically finishing 12-18th in My Team first season.

I'll look a bit more closely at front wear when I next play.

View attachment 489481

This is how my tyre wear looks towards the end of a stint. Is there anything I can do to alleviate or fix it? Driving slower doesn't seem to help, AI just blows you away otherwise. Is it a setup thing or are there any settings I can change to help?
It's partially setup with tire pressures, driving style with how you brake & coast, monitoring tire temps, and [probably] more so based on track. Just like in real life certain tracks are tire eaters.

Last edited:
It is pretty advanced but based on this the only conclusion that you can make is that you are very subtle on the rear tyres.

More differential lock and harder/faster on the throttle out of corners would help you. Also if you are driving with TC, lower or disable it. Generally I find it hard to make my rears go out first in F1 2021 but it is possible. Al tough it should never be your target.

PS you can also think about the toe. To safe more on the fronts it would help to have a very fast turn-in response almost so that the rear starts sliding/drifting, this way the fronts are having less degradation and you can depend more on the rears drifting you out of corners.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back