How to drive at an high banked circuit.

I do have some very interesting old tracks that do contains banked corners like kunos old Monza circuit. Driving them, I always find it difficult to drive them and stay in an fluid drivingline.
Can a expert driver explain to me the best tactics to ride an banked corner.

Well, it's pretty easy if you're driving alone. Just floor it and keep it balanced. I guess it's easier the better steeringwheel, compared to a cheap one with lots of deadzone. So, if you're having trouble, which you shouldn't as it's straight forward, you might want to look at getting better hardware.
In a race, it's more tricky driving at a banked track, if in a pack of cars.

Thanks and on what circuits do you get the experience?
BTW my setup is the Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari with the bigger alcantara wheel en 3 pedals, not the top listings but sure not bad as you described.
Think the secret for this kind of prewar tracks, lays more in the car adjustments like the angle of the tires.

Any banked corners in sims need a well done physics mesh. If the physics mesh doesn't have enough fidelity the staircasis effect becomes really bad. Of course some of the old tracks have seams as they were made of concrete blocks. If you drive on forza rips and other conversions from other sims chances are the physics surface of the track is just poor.

Because in these banked corners the car suspension tends to compress a lot you may also end up in situations where badly done physics can make things difficult for you. Bumpsteer can cause the car to be unpredictable and poorly done aero may also create unbalance. Not to mention suspension bottoming out. On well made cars you can add more toe in on the front and take away some front wing. And maybe even lift the car up so it does not bottom out or run on bumpstops.

What car/track are you driving?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 365 15.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years