How to download tracks

Get yourself a program like 7 zip, winrar or winzip

most files on RD are in a compressed format (zipped)

any of the above will uncompress the file and then you can move/copy it to the necessary location.

Tracks go into the GTL/gamedata/locations folder

Ok, I will describe the steps for 'Mont Tremblant 09'.

1. Download the file.
2. Open the downloaded .Rar file with Winrar/rarfile/... If you can't open the file you need to download one of these programs
3. Inside you will see a folder 'MontTremblant09'
4. Extract this folder to your GTL -Locations root folder (under XP default here: "C:/Program Files/GTL/GameData/Locations")
5. Start GTL and enjoy the new track!

I hope this is clear enough. If you're still having problems, please specify where it goes wrong.

im really confused, im trying to drag the track into the tracks folder, but theres on GTL tracks folder...???...!!!

Like I said:

1. Just double click on the downloaded file (you need to have 7zip or WinRar installed)
  2. Open the folder where you installed GT Legends
  3. Open the Game Data folder
  4. Open the Locations folder
  5. Drag and drop the MontTremblant09 folder from the archive into the Locations folder.

mail

this is what i got...
i think im getting there?

Why are you dragging to the GTL logo? In your picture, that's the game DVD.

I hope you didn't ever click "Yes" on the "Write to disc" message, as you might have tried to burn the track onto the game DVD - although hopefully your pc will be smart enough to not try that.

Using your picture as a guide, if you want to go the manual dragging route, you need to open your "Local Disk (C: )" drive window, and then navigate to where your GTL is installed on there.

Then follow Senad's advice as to where you need to drag to.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 209 14.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 113 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 213 14.4%