How to download and install mods for Automobilista?

Hi all,

I have downloaded Nurberg, Monza & Flat 6 using Winrar. I placed the files in the respective locations & vehicles heading of the game but cannot get them to work in game. What have I done wrong.

My method was the same as I do in AC.

Cheers

The easiest non-techy way to get a straight SCE car mod to work in AMS would be to extract the mods "Gamedata" folder only, then just choose "All Cars & Tracks" in AMS and they will show up on the vehicle list. :)

Last edited:
Has anyone used the rFactor Sports Coupe mod in AMS, i have imported it using rFactor tools and the Lotus and Ferrari cars work fine, but the MR2s which i want to use have a blanked out windscreen.

If he'd done it right it would work :)

@hodge like can you post two screenshots please of our gamedata/locations folder and one of the folder below with one of the mods in it.

Pretty sure you have placed it one level too deep.

For future downloads:
  1. Download the files to your desktop
  2. Unzip them there
  3. Open the folder and look for a folder with the name of the track. For example Spa-Francorchamps
  4. Copy the entire Spa-Francorchamps folder. (right click on it -> copy)
  5. Go to the location of your game. This might look something like this where x stands for the drive you are running your games from: X:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Automobilista\GameData\Locations
  6. Go into the locations folder. Don't hover over an existing map and right click "paste" somewhere in the white area to paste your Spa folder
  7. Boot the game and play.
Most people unzip the file and then place the entire folder in their games which means yours will looks like this probably which is wrong: Spa_AMS_V1.01\Spa Francorchamps

You only need the second part to be placed in the locations folder.
If he'd done it right it would work :)

@hodge like can you post two screenshots please of our gamedata/locations folder and one of the folder below with one of the mods in it.

Pretty sure you have placed it one level too deep.

For future downloads:
  1. Download the files to your desktop
  2. Unzip them there
  3. Open the folder and look for a folder with the name of the track. For example Spa-Francorchamps
  4. Copy the entire Spa-Francorchamps folder. (right click on it -> copy)
  5. Go to the location of your game. This might look something like this where x stands for the drive you are running your games from: X:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Automobilista\GameData\Locations
  6. Go into the locations folder. Don't hover over an existing map and right click "paste" somewhere in the white area to paste your Spa folder
  7. Boot the game and play.
Most people unzip the file and then place the entire folder in their games which means yours will looks like this probably which is wrong: Spa_AMS_V1.01\Spa Francorchamps

You only need the second part to be placed in the locations folder.

hi i cant find the X: Drive On My PC

hi guys i've downloaded also a cart mod but after that i get a graphics glitch like the graphics are bouncing oeverywhere how can i fix this i tried to re install or like download AMS on steam but still doesnt work how can i set this game to like the default mode or something

I got the Ring-2007 and the instructions are
Unrar the package and drop its content into your "Automobilista\GameData\Locations" folder.
Copy and rename your original GSCE commonmaps.mas file to your "Automobilista\GameData\Locations" folder with the new name "commonmapsGSC.MAS".
What is GSCE
The tracks show up but Im getting a commonmaps error.

I got the Ring-2007 and the instructions are
Unrar the package and drop its content into your "Automobilista\GameData\Locations" folder.
Copy and rename your original GSCE commonmaps.mas file to your "Automobilista\GameData\Locations" folder with the new name "commonmapsGSC.MAS".
What is GSCE

It's the predecessor to AMS. If you do not have that title, better to stick to tracks already modded for AMS. They do not need any files from the prior game. I believe all tracks here on RD under AMS will work out of the box.

I did get the Nordschleife from RD.

The one that says this?:

WARNING: Basic GSCx Patrick Giranthon's track conversion

Or this one?:

edited GSCE Version by Com8, 6e660 and friends + Mister X, Dave Begley and Bram Hengeveld

Sorry, these may be the only two not fully-compatible AMS tracks on RD. Because everyone wants a Nords, people put up GSCE versions.

I don't see a "2007" version. Can you provide a link?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back