How to download and install mods for Automobilista?

Hi all,

I have downloaded Nurberg, Monza & Flat 6 using Winrar. I placed the files in the respective locations & vehicles heading of the game but cannot get them to work in game. What have I done wrong.

My method was the same as I do in AC.

Cheers

If he'd done it right it would work :)

@hodge like can you post two screenshots please of our gamedata/locations folder and one of the folder below with one of the mods in it.

Pretty sure you have placed it one level too deep.

For future downloads:
  1. Download the files to your desktop
  2. Unzip them there
  3. Open the folder and look for a folder with the name of the track. For example Spa-Francorchamps
  4. Copy the entire Spa-Francorchamps folder. (right click on it -> copy)
  5. Go to the location of your game. This might look something like this where x stands for the drive you are running your games from: X:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Automobilista\GameData\Locations
  6. Go into the locations folder. Don't hover over an existing map and right click "paste" somewhere in the white area to paste your Spa folder
  7. Boot the game and play.
Most people unzip the file and then place the entire folder in their games which means yours will looks like this probably which is wrong: Spa_AMS_V1.01\Spa Francorchamps

You only need the second part to be placed in the locations folder.

For locations, it might be worth mentioning too that some mods also require modifying the .SCN file to include the Reizacommon\bak folder in the searchpath (for some .mas files to be located). Thanks to @Yves Larose.

Now while at it, is it possible to install SCE vehicle mods too (like the OP mentioned, Flat6)?

EDIT: Dang, I'm too slow, didn't see an AMS downloads section already! :sleep:

Hmm, downloaded as suggested above with Spa track. Can select it as track to use in game, get to the screen where it shows said track but the Red horizontal bar at the bottom does not load. Pressed enter & game just closes, sending me back to desk top???

Hmm, downloaded as suggested above with Spa track. Can select it as track to use in game, get to the screen where it shows said track but the Red horizontal bar at the bottom does not load. Pressed enter & game just closes, sending me back to desk top???
When this happens, it means that there is a message box in the background with an error message. To view the message box do not press Enter, instead press Alt+TAB then tell us what the error was.

Now time for some shameless self promotion. To install the tracks you could use Automobilista Mod Manager, it will download and install the tracks you want to the right location. just extract the files and run the program, right click to install the mod.

I can also advise that the mod is unzipped & only the track is copied across.

My location is also not as post #10 suggests.
Does it look like this, with SPAGMT.MAS?
upload_2016-3-11_10-29-40.png

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back