Cars How to define light cone for headlights?

Hello together,

i have a question, how can i define the light cone of an "light face" from the headlights?
I choose a face with lights.ini and the sometime it creates the "normale" cone, like expected. But sometimes faces only create a very small light cone just in front of the car.

How can i control or influence this?

thx for your help

hi
i'm not sure how the cone itself can be defined
i guess light shader detects if there are lights or not, and put the cone itself

as for lights.ini, not much can be done there
you just put a name (mesh) and a color for brakes, lights, and dash equipement, pretty much
again, no cone parameter here

example:

[BRAKE_0]
NAME=taillight_emissiveA
COLOR=70,20,10
OFF_COLOR=10,3.5,1.5

[LIGHT_0]
NAME=mainlight_inner
COLOR=35,30,15

[LIGHT_1]
NAME=dash_emissive ; speedo & green
COLOR=0.7,3,0.7

Screenshot_urd_detroit_egt_2018_sebring_11-3-119-13-15-53_accumulation.jpg
you are talking about that right?
so it s there
overating light.ini

Sorry i did not understand that completly. Is it in the light ini?

I have an example. Kunos Z4, both light Lamps create a cone, the outside ones and the inside ones, If i separe them per light ini.

Kunos R8 2016. Only the outside lamps in the headlights create a cone. The inside ones or the one in the fender did Not create a cone If i use them alone.

Sorry i did not understand that completly. Is it in the light ini?

I have an example. Kunos Z4, both light Lamps create a cone, the outside ones and the inside ones, If i separe them per light ini.

Kunos R8 2016. Only the outside lamps in the headlights create a cone. The inside ones or the one in the fender did Not create a cone If i use them alone.
show us a screenshot of your car and what it does exactly :)

I see your example and i really dnt know why but
again if you are using the shader light patch you can add all lights you want (the config for now contains only headlights so its normal ingame you have only the cone for headlights)

to give this an end.

Yes the values of the "Color" of the lights will decide if there is a cone or not.
Like Stereo said, the 2 lights with highest value create the cone

Thanks for this thread and resolution.

I'd like to add that the light cones do not update in real time in the CM showroom, you need to get the lights.ini the way that you want it, then close the CM showroom and then re-open, only then will you see the new cones (spent slightly more time than I'd like to admit changing values and cursing before I realised this!).

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 106 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 147 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 279 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 407 40.0%