How to decrypt BSI files ?

I would like to enable driving school in PnG3, I had no problem to change default player cars (replaced modern GTR2 cars by IROC cars) but the point is the instructor car that I cannot modify because DSI files are crypted :(
So if anybody knows ho to decrypt these DSI files in order to set PnG3 cars for instructor then it would be great :)

Edit : added screenshots of my WIP driving school mod for PnG3

Attachments

• tmp-cam-2131904562.jpg
    tmp-cam-2131904562.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 157
  • tmp-cam--407979302.jpg
    tmp-cam--407979302.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 150
  • tmp-cam-76319212.jpg
    tmp-cam-76319212.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 144
  • tmp-cam-1724122141.jpg
    tmp-cam-1724122141.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:
Not sure this was crypted with bsplayer ... but those BSI files seem to be created with it or anyway be opened by it .... if the Web infos are correct. ??

I also thought of WTCCed ... as this works for Race07 and may work with GTR2, but I really wonder wether it really can.

That's for the BSI files that I doubt WTCCed should work in fact, gwaldock.
Maybe or maybe not !

NB: I admit that the last words of my comment were not clear enough about GTR2 ;)
I already used WTCCed a long time ago for GTR2.... but finally realized that crypting files was rather unnecessary any longer

Thanks for help/advices, unfortunately that doesn't work to decrypt driving school DSI files : why simbin did encrypt instructor DSI files and not player DS files ???

Last edited:
My bad, it is not bsi but Dsi LoL and you will find DS/DSI files in GameData\DrivingSchool\Anderstorp by example.
You will only see driving school files in PnG3 if have chosen option 3 during install, otherwise PnG3 install script will remove them with GTR2 stock cars as well

NB : do you know how to edit thread title in order to replace B by D ? I do not see such title edit function ???

Last edited:
Yep DS files are for player car and they are not crypted so I was able to set a PnG car, whereas DSI are for instructor/ai car and it is crypted so it is still modern car (elise, z3,...)

NB: will your le mans mod be released soon ?

I don't know how they crypted this DSI file, but anyway .... I already know something more now:
Unzipping this DSI file with Winrar or 7Zip.... allows to see something more in this file.

While opening this DSI file with NotePad++ .... everything was crypted, opening the unzipped file allows to see some words clearly ... namely the driver's name, the used .car file .... and a name of the body_1.dds of this car but in format .bmp. .....
But I don't know where it can be found in GTR2

I tried to replace the Elise by a BMW with a right driver, .car file ..... using the right BMW body dds as I cannot find any .bmp .... zipped the file with 7Zip in Gzip format ( As I suspected it was this format that is used by a software named DAZ Studio when I got an error trying to open it with this software ).
changed the .gz file into a .DSI one .... ( file compressed at the same ratio I noticed ) but................. no Instructor visible on the track.

NB: for your NB ... I'll tell you tomorrow by MP. ;)

Just added screenshots to show progress :)

PS: does someone know how to edit title of this thread ? I would like to rename it as "PnG3 driving school mod WIP" but I don't see any button to modify that...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 96 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 71 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 74 9.8%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 47 6.2%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 105 13.9%