How to decode the venue.bin file?

Hi, we are amount of users that make stages with the Zaxxon Method, for those who do not know, are a serie of scripts to recreate a real track using Google Earth data, and with some algorimts have in BTB a 3D model of a determinate terrain, mountains and a realistic track, for example http://btbtracks-rbr.foroactivo.com...de-espino-invented-by-sisco-finalizado-t8.htm

Whell, the problem is, this scripts work on the Venue.xml that is a ASCII file, that you can edit the inside code, for add walls, modifify terrain, tracks, objects.. etc But after version BTB 0.6.0.0 the Venue.xml is now Venue.bin and it is not in ASCII.

So will be very usefull if anybody knows a way to decode this file in an readable file.

At the moment we can make a stage with the scripts, but in the moment you save with BTB 8.0.3 you can't to use again those scripts

I tried with winrar, and rename the extension in all the knowed winrar formats, but it is not a compressed file

The Venue.bin is binary code, 0101101, so is bytes.! the only chance is using BobBits.DLL in a .NET Program. If any one know programing in .NET (VBasic, c++) can import BobBits.dll and usign the Class Objects to open the file, change it and save. A Tool Convert for example.

I searched for bobsbit.dll, bobsbits.dll and also bobsbit*.* and bob*.dll but don't found anything on "C:" where I have installed BTB and windows.

I searched on google and found a coincidence in our forum (http://btbtracks-rbr.foroactivo.com/) that someone had a problem when exporting a track, and the solution was delete this bobsbit.dll.

So I think that it is possible this dll is for older versions... but I have installed BTB 0.6, and don't has this dll.

I can send you a venue.xml and the same but saved as venue.bin.

But the most interesting it is not to convert, is to know how to convert, because we will need to do a lot of times.

There are the venue.bin and the venue.xml if you need all proyect to open on BTB it is not a problem, I can send you http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XKXZ90NC

if you can do a simply application to load bin and save as xml, and the possibility to execute with a line command in ms-dos would be perfect! :D So we will can to adapt to scripts. But if it is a problem to execute with a line command, it is not a big problem for us

Thanks!

It doesn't work unfortunately
IMG_20220319_151540.jpg

I try to open different venue.xml from step 1 (kml import) and step3 (elevetaion data) and it's OK. When I try to open the last venue.xml from the last step, I have an error. So I guess the problem is on my area. It's a good news as I will change some parameter, geodata or others.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 116 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 158 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 301 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 430 39.6%