F1 2012 How to create speccoc files

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
No it can't be anything.

The different levels of purple etc dictate what levels of reflection different parts of the car will have.

For example white bodywork will work out as a chromed effect on the car, dark blue would be a matt finish to the car. he varying shades of purple in between will therefore be a range of finish between these two colours.

The greens that appear are the shading parts that would be present on the car in game.

You could just try to paint out the logos and paintwork on the red and green channels on the speccoc file to leave just a blank and see how that works for you.

Thanks ML2166 for your patience.

But how are you adding the new logos onto the new speccoc? Are you marking down the RGB values for each graphic element and adjusting it's individual value in it's respective channel once you place them into the speccoc? I'm still unsure on the steps after you've "erased" the original speccoc.

Quickest way to import the logos etc into the 100% correct place, is actually very basic.

Just place a tiny blob of paint into each corner of a layer in the texture file, making sure you cover the corner.

the just adjust the levels to white and then by adjusting the photo filter you can alter the white to any shade you wish.

Once done, just copy and then paste onto your speccoc file.....if you have covered the orners correctly, the logos will drop into place in the exact same place they are as on the texture file.

Quickest way to import the logos etc into the 100% correct place, is actually very basic.

Just place a tiny blob of paint into each corner of a layer in the texture file, making sure you cover the corner.

the just adjust the levels to white and then by adjusting the photo filter you can alter the white to any shade you wish.

Once done, just copy and then paste onto your speccoc file.....if you have covered the orners correctly, the logos will drop into place in the exact same place they are as on the texture file.

You can just "Shift+Drag" too right? I'm not confused about the placement, just what happens to the logos/graphics once you add them to the "erased" speccoc. Is it, save and you're done or is there more to do?

And if you are adjusting levels, what is the value you're going for? Is it a value we extract from the speccoc and try to match?

Once you have all the layers copied over from the texture file, and you are happy with the colouring for your purpose, then yes it is just save as DDS, and you are done.

Once you have all the layers copied over from the texture file, and you are happy with the colouring for your purpose, then yes it is just save as DDS, and you are done.
That's what I'm wondering though....how much retouching of the texture files do you do in the speccoc proper once they're in? Say, even for a skin that isn't reflective or matte, just "normal" if you will....from your experience.

Will it be self-evident once I drag them over?

I get the blue channel determining the reflectiveness (dark blue for matte, white for shiny)

To edit each respective channel what adjustments are you using? Levels?

I just adjust to the previous colourings.

If you bring paintwork into the specc for arguments sake....onto the green channel...I will just adjust the level of grey until it matches the previous colour.

If it is a new colour, it's just trial and error basically.....adjust it until it is correct for your needs.

If you bring paintwork into the specc for arguments sake....onto the green channel...I will just adjust the level of grey until it matches the previous colour.

If it is a new colour, it's just trial and error basically.....adjust it until it is correct for your needs.

Ah, I was dreading that. :) Any interest in providing blank speccoc files? For a modest donation. Thanks for your help ML2166.

can you please make a video, because i dont understand english and i am using google translater

can you please make a video, because i dont understand english and i am using google translater

Video by ML2166 from a while back....

You can bring your logos into the speccoc and adjust the INDIVIDUAL RGB CHANNELS to match the color already in the speccoc you are editing.

For example...if you want to make a McLaren copy on another car model....open the McLaren speccoc and write down the RGB values of the "chrome skin" and the logos, and the carbon fibre, etc.

Now open the speccoc you are working on....bring in the new logos and adjust their values to match.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 380 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 258 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 250 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 182 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 306 13.1%