F1 2010 How to create my own helmet in the game?

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi S0repr0mt,
I am wondering the same thing how to make a design on a helmet and put it in the game. I would love my own custom design.
I have asked before but no replies? I asked again yesterday for someone to make me Nico Rosbergs helmet from todays race (TURKEY) but without his name on it. so far 53 views and no answers not even to say yeah what a good idea.....
I thought this was meant to be a community of Race gamers who love the same games?

I have the template and the psg editor but like you I do not know how to or what files they go in.

SO ANY HELP PLEASE WOULD BE GREAT THANKS IN ADVANCE.

have you tried downloading some custom helmet skins from the download section? most of them all comed packaged in a way you just have to drop it in the appropriate game folder and you're good to go. your best bet would be to find one of the generic nationality helmets and replace it with your own custom design. (save aall origional files you may change as a precautionary backup!!!!!)

@Miguel Gonzalez...

What we want to do is know how to make our own helmet also, the program we use? and the program thats used to import-export seperate from that of which creates the helmet...
e.g.
Photoshop cs5 to create a helmet design, the what program to export it to game and what file/folder does it go.

I have a template of helmet but dont know the other bits...

regards
chris.

Hi

The programs you will need to have are

RDD Pssg Editor

Photoshop or a similar painting program

Nvidia DDS plugins for photoshop (if using photoshop)

DXT bump program if not using photoshop

The Compressonator if not using photoshop.

First best helmet to change as said previously here is a bespoke helmet.

Theses files can be found in the characters files within the game.

Create empty both High and Low files on your desktop as a place to store you custom designs.

Backup the helmet you are going to change first.

Extract the file you are going to change into the High folder and low folder.

Import the texture into photoshop by just dragging the image into the photoshop workspace.

Paint helmet in design of your choice.

Then save as a DDS texture back into the high folder.

Save as half the size into the low folder.

for example high texture 1024 in size, low texture 512 in size.

Now open up the same folder the file was extracted from, and click import button, and import the DDS texture from your high folder, for the high texture.

Once imported, click the save button, (top left in Pssg editor) and save it back to the original destination fom where it came.

Repeat for low texture.

That's it......should be in the game, you just need to select it from the helmet selection screen.

Note the original picture will still be there on the selection screen, so make a note of which helmet you are changing.

AS A FOOTNOTE

I find that saving the file as DXT5 with 2 mipmaps is the best way to go, helps shapen helmets a bit.

Hope this helps, and you understand what I have tried to say.

:tongue:

If anyone would like a custom helmet knocking up, in HD just give PM me and I will make it in photoshop for you, and give you instructions on how too install the badboy. Just include the following in your message.

Colour Scheme
Fonts (if applicable)
Sponsors
Team Logos

If there is anything else, say a replica of a helmet I will endevour too copy it from a GOOD quality picture link, thanks and look forward too hearing your requests!

Do we have a program to visualize a personalized helmet, just like 3dsimed with the cars?

I'm have some trouble to align certain lines on the skin, and it isn't productive to launch F1 2010
just to see the result.

Many thanks and keep the fantastic work, modders!

I also want to know how we can render the helmet in 3d, I have tries using 3dsimed, milkshape and 3dsmax, but I have no idea where the 3d helmet model is

If anyone knows how to get the 3d model PLEASE HELP !!!!! :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back