F1 2011 How to: create a FPS boost on PC

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Firstly I will just say I was getting 26fps maximum in the benchmark with full detail 4xAA and v-sync off @ 1920x1080 res. The game was playable but I knew my PC could do better.

Tried all the hardware settings config tweaks, tried the audio tweaks, tried the everything tweaks.....

What i didn't do and I just decided to try it (kicking myself) was to turn SHADOWS TO HIGH FROM ULTRA.

With doing this I got an instant FPS boost beyond belief and you can't even tell the difference. I've now put it up to 8xAA and v-sync ON and i'm commanding a respectible 46 average FPS in benchmark and a solid 60 FPS in normal gaming mode most of the time. The lowest FPS i've experienced is 39 FPS starting a race at the back of a full grid.

Give it a go and see.

UltraMax Settings, no VSynch About a dozen Hd mods and i can still get 57fps
I like this game :) dont like the bloom though :(
regards
Engage

Intel Core i5-2500K 3.30GHz Overclock 4.20GHz
MSI P67A-GD65 Intel P67 (socket 1155) DDR3 Motherboard
Kingston HyperX Genesis Grey 8GB (4x2GB) DDR3 PC3-16000C9 2133MHz
Corsair Hydro H70 High-Performance CPU WaterCooler
XFX:ATI Radeon 6970 2048MB GDDR5 Graphics Card

Thats interesting. What about just using alternate frame rendering without the D3D? Ill give the D3D a shot later on.
TBH, ive got crossfire turned off at the moment. The game gets more frames with crossfire in normal play, but it seems to be worse when I record with Fraps compared to just running a single card with Fraps. Work that out!

Im astonished that ATI havent CAP'd this game yet. I know we get on CMs back about bugs, but there is no logical reason why we should get the same sort of performance with xfire as a single card without using some 3rd party software, and ATI should have sorted this issue by now for sure. Shambles.

It was such a quick test, I didn't try flipping the settings and just use alternate frame, I'll give it a go shortly. Meanwhile I don't know whether to believe Codemasters benchmark results, or Radeon Pro's. Here's Radeon Pro's benchmark results, it runs from the moment you are on the grid until the finish line, no menus present when benchmarking is on ....

Having just said that, there isn't much difference between benchmarks I suppose, but the graph does give a clearer picture.

f12011snapshot-1.png

EDIT:

Well I tried it out, and the D3D method just comes out on top, and here is the graph for the alternate frame method, all other settings unchanged.

f12011snapshot2.png

*** Note *** I was going to buy the HD6970 which is the card that Engage is using in the post above this one. So I think I made the right decision, get the MUCH cheaper 2nd HD5770 and crossfire them, as the performance is similar. This will keep me going for a while, until I can get a 'killer' card ...... or perhaps 2 HD6970's? (when they become cheap) ;-)

This will keep me going for a while, until I can get a 'killer' card ...... or perhaps 2 HD6970's? (when they become cheap) ;-)

Best hang on for the 7900 series if you are in no rush, or pick up 6970s cheap as chips when the 7900s hit the shelves. :D

Interesting stuff there mate. What do you have MVPU slider set to when just using D3D? Just driver default?

Best hang on for the 7900 series if you are in no rush, or pick up 6970s cheap as chips when the 7900s hit the shelves. :D

Interesting stuff there mate. What do you have MVPU slider set to when just using D3D? Just driver default?

Yes mate, I set the driver to default .......

I am in no rush, and neither is my bank manager!

Apart from the search facility, I am guessing that email subscription to threads are disabled too? I didn't realise that you had replied Paul ..... so I went racing :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back