How to convert my rFactor2 tracks to AC?

Hi everyone,

I want to eventually convert my 3 tracks, Queensland Raceway, Lakeside and Oran Park LIDAR (converted with permission) to AC.

I have done no work with AC tracks and was wondering if they are hard to work with or not too bad? All my files are in 3D Max 2012 so that should help.

I am almost happy with the quality now to do the conversion. Thanks in advance. Mike

Here is a look at all 3...they are still in constant WIP

AC uses object names when loading the track to determine their function, physically the options are ground (collides with tires and undersides of cars), walls (collides with body of cars, has to be vertical or less steep, no overhangs), and visual only. Within ground you set the surface type also by object name (eg. concrete, asphalt, ripple strips) to set some things like whether it's valid track surface and grip level. Beyond that you can kinda import anything you want, although smaller object+material count is quite important.

Thanks for the tips. I went through my hard drive and found my first ever track...Top Gear I built back in 2006 or 7 for RF1.

I still have the 3D Max file. I will practice on that. There are literally only 2 main objects....track and grass lol

hi mike!!
if you have track running into 3dsmax should not take that long, convert tracks from one sim to other is not a big problem.
let me know if you need help, basically is pretty straight forward.
cheers

sergio

Hi Sergio,

I'm also in the same boat and looking to convert a track from Rfactor 2 to AC but I'm having some issues as the track shows in AC but keeps crashing. Are you able to help? I downloaded 3DsimED today and trying to do it on this.

Thanks,

George

Hi everyone,

I want to eventually convert my 3 tracks, Queensland Raceway, Lakeside and Oran Park LIDAR (converted with permission) to AC.

I have done no work with AC tracks and was wondering if they are hard to work with or not too bad? All my files are in 3D Max 2012 so that should help.

I am almost happy with the quality now to do the conversion. Thanks in advance. Mike

Here is a look at all 3...they are still in constant WIP

Mike, my condolences for the loss of your wife. While you are hard working on rFactor 2, if your tracks were to be converted to Assetto Corsa, they'll promptly result from a donation from my end. I've been wanting to convert Oran Park LiDAR as well for many years and although I don't have enough knowledge of the process, seeing your progress has been fascinating.
Thank you for your hard work.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 144 7.5%
  • < 5 years