How to Connect 3rd Party Peds to G29?

After viewing this video, a number of commenters say that the biggest improvement in consistency is with better pedals. (ie - not necessarily a new wheel).

So, how exactly would one install a set of 3rd party peds to a Logi G29?

Thanks!

I am doing the same, I have. G920 without shifter. I have ordered some high end pedals already.
The pedals on the G920 connect to the wheel not to the PC, I would think you just unplug them from the wheel.
The new pedals should be plug n play.
In sim like AC you you just set the pedals as you would normally do
Should not be a problem, everything should be independent

Upvote 0
I am doing the same, I have. G920 without shifter. I have ordered some high end pedals already.
The pedals on the G920 connect to the wheel not to the PC, I would think you just unplug them from the wheel.

Thanks for the info. Just out of curiosity, which set of high end pedals have you ordered?

Upvote 0

Yes, this is correct. Just unplug the Logitech pedals and plug the new pedals in by USB and run them completely independently with their own drivers. I used a Logitech G920 with Fanatec CSL Elite LC pedals for close to a year with no issues, you just have to set it up in each sim.

Upvote 0
Just bear in mind that some games might have issues with handling multiple control devices, in which case it might not be possible to use such config.
But the main sims all work fine with setups like that.

Upvote 0
Thanks for all the info, guys! I run most of the popular sims (AC, AMS, RRE3, KartKraft, Dirt Rally 2, RF2, PC2 and others). I assume that they would all support this?

Now - if I were so inclined to upgrade from my G29 pedals, which set would you recommend to use with my G29 wheel?

Criteria:
1. Budget around $500?
2. I'm a left-foot braker (using the G29's clutch pedal right now), if that matters....and
3. Something that will hold in place on carpet and not slide around.

Thanks!

Upvote 0
@newbert man, you can not start two threads gor the same subject just because you didn't get an answer immediately. It's two days ago. Not two months ago. Please ask a moderator to delete one of those two.

I'd say that a high end of pedals will not be on par with your low end wheel. Get a load cell for your pedals and upgrade your wheel. The G29 is not giving you important information.

Upvote 0
Yes, this is correct. Just unplug the Logitech pedals and plug the new pedals in by USB and run them completely independently with their own drivers. I used a Logitech G920 with Fanatec CSL Elite LC pedals for close to a year with no issues, you just have to set it up in each sim.
did it work with asseto/ content manager

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.5%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 322 27.7%