How to completely disable rumble strip effects?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram

Founder & Administrator
Staff
Premium
What do you need to change in the PLR to get rid of the FFB on rumble strips. I dont want to feel them at all. When i drive over one now my entire house starts to shake :(

What do you need to change in the PLR to get rid of the FFB on rumble strips. I dont want to feel them at all. When i drive over one now my entire house starts to shake :(

You might change it by edit Controller.ini

"FFB brake vibe update thresh="0.05000" // Amount of change required to update brake vibe (0.0 to 1.0)
FFB rumble strip magnitude="0.35000" // How strong the rumble strip rumble is. Range 0.0 to 1.0, 0.0 disables effect.
FFB rumble strip freq mult="0.65000" // Rumble stip frequency multiplier 1.0 = one rumble per wheel rev.
FFB rumble strip wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
FFB rumble strip pull factor="-1.50000" // How strongly wheel pulls right/left when running over a rumble strip. Suggested range: -1.5 to 1.5.
FFB rumble strip update thresh="0.05000" // Amount of change required to update rumble strip effect (0.0 - 1.0)"

Instead of editing the file you can use "Destroy rFactor Tweaker".

What is destroy rfactor tweaker?

Btw i have edited those files already but still i feel the wheel vibrating like mad when i hit rumble strips. I want to hear them but not feel them :)

What is destroy rfactor tweaker?

Btw i have edited those files already but still i feel the wheel vibrating like mad when i hit rumble strips. I want to hear them but not feel them :)

What is your FFB set to in the controller menu? If its anything higher than low you'll feel the curbs. Unless of course the track has proper curbs, then you will feel them whatever you run.

I run on low as in all sims i play. But there is no way of completely disabling the rumble strips?

Then i have to consider to play without forcefeedback i think (time for an ECCI :D?)

I run on low as in all sims i play. But there is no way of completely disabling the rumble strips?

Then i have to consider to play without forcefeedback i think (time for an ECCI :D?)

Not sure then, if I run with realfeel and run with it on low I get nothing from the curbs, run it on medium and I do.

What's your FFB strength in the profiler and ingame out of interest?

I have set everything according to the readme file that was delivered with the endurance series mod (so including real feel)

In the profile i run overall strenght on 100% (all others on 0%). In the game i have the setting on low with 72% force.

Maybe it was just the track (Bahrain) that caused it but my G25 went lunatic riding over the rumble strips

I have set everything according to the readme file that was delivered with the endurance series mod (so including real feel)

In the profile i run overall strenght on 100% (all others on 0%). In the game i have the setting on low with 72% force.

Maybe it was just the track (Bahrain) that caused it but my G25 went lunatic riding over the rumble strips

I could be wrong, but Bahrain may have proper curbs which is why you still feel it even on low, which would probably help explain why you felt them so much.

Bram, I had my previous controller.ini posted here in rFactor's forum. I used it before.

Then I copy/paste the realfeel.dll in the plugin folder. Start the game once and test a car. Then exit again. This will create a realfeel*.ini in the rFactor main folder.
In the LMS readme are the Realfeel settings mentioned. Make sure you EDIT the settings in the [General] section and you Add the [GT2] (and others) from the readme to that file. Delete the existing [GT2] entry if you tested in a porsche.

In the windows settings I use 400 degrees rotation, ffb on 100%. Rest the usual disabled stuff etc.etc.

In game I have set FFB to Low, with -70% strength.
Steering/Throttle/Brake ratings on 50%
Clutch on 20%
Then a bunch of 0% and the last setting on 20 or 30% (don't remember exactly... default!)

In the car upgrade of your car of choice select ffb setting for realfeel of course.

Thats it. I feel the rumbles very light, but they are not going like mad.

Call me if you are unsure.

I installed a clean rFactor for this mod. What I did to get the feel I have now, which I think is pretty good:

Logitech profiler:

strength - 100%
spring effect - 0%
damper effect - 0%

centering spring - checked, but set at 0%

combined pedals - unchecked

400 degrees rotation

allow game to adjust settings - checked

---

Then I downloaded the realfeel plugin, but only dropped the .dll file in the plugins folder, didnt touch the controller.ini.

Now I tweaked my controller/ffb settings ingame:

---

With every car you drive, buy the realfeel upgrade in the upgrades section, don't foget to do this the first time in every car you drive.

---

When I'm on track, I set the steering lock to 20 degrees, feels good for me (at least that's for the GT2 997. Might use some more or less in different cars.

---

Without messing with controller.ini's imo this drives pretty good :) I feel some good en strong feedback from the curbs, but not in a way it's driving me and my wheel mad. Just good imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 124 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 332 28.1%