F1 2010 How to change tires during a race?

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Dont know if its the same on everything but on my xbox wheel i press right on my d pad i think and then an option comes up for altering wing or tyres, push right again on what one you want and then up and down for what tyre you want.

images.jpgwell if your using a wheel its on the pad near the stick or you have pad it must be on there some where.

sorry but on my wheel and gear stick (i use the paddles) its there, other from that check your control settings,

PS, easy on the caps dude, WE CAN HEAR YOU :wink:

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 296
It depends on what buttons you've assigned for the quick menu left, right, up, and down in the control settings...

TIRES:
Full Wets - down, down, left
Primes - down, down, up
Inters - down, down, down
Softs - down, down, right

WINGS:
(+) Aero - right, right, up
(-) Aero - right, right, down

ENGINE:
Fast - up, up, up
Standard - up, up, right
Cruise - up, up, down

Note: It doesn't really matter what FIRST button you press coz it only activates the menu option, I only incorporated my own technique for shortcut purposes. The SECOND and THIRD buttons are the ones that chooses what you want to change

It depends on what buttons you've assigned for the quick menu left, right, up, and down in the control settings...

TIRES:
Primes - down, down, up

WINGS:

ENGINE:
Fast - up, up, up
Standard - up, up, right
Cruise - up, up, down

Note: It doesn't really matter what FIRST button you press coz it only activates the menu option, I only incorporated my own technique for shortcut purposes. The SECOND and THIRD buttons are the ones that chooses what you want to change

dont forget that you have to choose the tyres you want while driving in the pit lane and not before

Lol, I only just noticed for the first time tonight in time trial that there's a tyre option along with the wings and engine. What's the best tyres to use in TT for a dry track out of prime, options, and whatever the other one is? I chose prime, but I don't know if that's beneficial?

Hi Roman5
I also have a G27, a good wheel.

Can also set your wheel to custom in the game settings and "map" keys automatically. This way you can map the quick menu keys to the wheel in lieu of the shifter if you prefer. Really a matter of preference for the individual, but I have the most frequently used keys on the wheel (quick menu, pit request and pit limiter) with the balance on the shifter.

Cheers
J

TIRES:
Primes - down, down, up

WINGS:

ENGINE:
Fast - up, up, up
Standard - up, up, right
Cruise - up, up, down

what did u choose the 2nd and 3rd button to be to get it like that?

The only time it will not work outside of pitlane is if the engineer thinks its too wet for that tyre, even though half the time the engineer is thick as two short bricks lol

I'm experiencing an issue similar to this. I can access the quick menu but, although the tyre options are all there, the game won't allow me to move the cursor down to select wets. I can select all the other tyre options with no problem.

Is this a bug or is it the engineers (see quote) trying to be helpful.

The radio suggested it was time to move to wets but I just couldn't

Thanks

Hi all. I managed to sort out what was wrong - Operator Error unfortunately. However, I always detest it when people put up a problem and ask for a solution and then write again to say they sorted it but then don't say how.

What I had failed to appreciate is that the list of tyre options is NOT a list that one scrolls up and down within. The relevant tyre is actually one of the 4 directions on the pad (however, one may have set that up). Look for which way the V is pointing next to the tyre of choice and then press the button that corresponds with that direction - for me it was left (I think)

Thanks all

dont forget that you have to choose the tyres you want while driving in the pit lane and not before

I selected Options about half way round the lap i was pitting in on, but upon entering the pitlane it dawned on me that i had selected the wrong tyre type and selected Primes but the crew still fitted Options, so its best to select the tyre you want to use well in advance. I now select which tyre i will use as soon as i have the chance, even if i am not due to stop for several laps. I will then change the tyre selection if things change but i will only do that on the lap i will be pitting in which can be the lap i change the tyre selection due to wear rates or something.

I like using the harder compound more, the softs are for people who can be fast and smooth with them and thats not me. I can burn the softs out very quickly and although much faster times i loose far more time changing tyres than i do running the hard tyres, so my strategies are the oposite to real F1, which the real life drivers run the softs as much as they can and then switch to the hards as late as possible. I run the hards and then with 5 to 7 laps remaining i will switch to the softs, sometimes even later (depends on wear rates of the hard tyres).

I think it's a fine line as to when you can select the tyre type in the pit lane and have the crew fit the correct ones. Like you I have tried to make late changes and the crw have still fitted the originally selected tyres. That is pretty realistic though as pit crews get the tyres ready well before a driver inters the pits. I always wait until the longest straight before my pit stop to make any required changes to my tyre choice.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back