How to change primary ffb device?

Hello.

I have two steering wheels attached(g27 & t300rs). Assetto feeds ffb to g27, how do I switch it to use the t300 instead? Steering works fine it just doesn't have ffb at the moment.

Edit; ffb not working on t300 only on assetto.. tried disconnecting all other devices, removing profiles etc.. no help.

Last edited:
Personally, without being 100% sure .... I doubt it may work as long as the 2 wheels are connected.
Use a wheel and another set of pedals and shifter ... works for sure ... as they don't need a second wheel plugged in.

In your case, as long as your pedals and shifter aren't directly plugged in a USB without the wheel ..... not sure this may work.

BUT .... I suspect your G27 was your previous full set ... and you added the T300 afterwards.
I wonder if this might not work:
- save your documents/assetto corsa somewhere else or simply rename this folder under another name.
- plug your T300 without any other wheel or pedals and shifter
- start AC ... and new documents will be created
- normally your T300 should be the main one ... so make your settings only for the wheel and save and quit
- plug your G27 with pedals and shifter .... and start AC
- load the profile you saved for the T300
- assign pedals and shifter ... and save
- for your other saved files ... just copy them back from the saved ones to the new documents .... as setups, etc .... BUT be sure not to overwrite anything for the controllers

Not 100% sure it will work but this might surely the only successful trick if Andrew Wot's solution doesn't work.

Personally, without being 100% sure .... I doubt it may work as long as the 2 wheels are connected.
Use a wheel and another set of pedals and shifter ... works for sure ... as they don't need a second wheel plugged in.

In your case, as long as your pedals and shifter aren't directly plugged in a USB without the wheel ..... not sure this may work.

BUT .... I suspect your G27 was your previous full set ... and you added the T300 afterwards.
I wonder if this might not work:
- save your documents/assetto corsa somewhere else or simply rename this folder under another name.
- plug your T300 without any other wheel or pedals and shifter
- start AC ... and new documents will be created
- normally your T300 should be the main one ... so make your settings only for the wheel and save and quit
- plug your G27 with pedals and shifter .... and start AC
- load the profile you saved for the T300
- assign pedals and shifter ... and save
- for your other saved files ... just copy them back from the saved ones to the new documents .... as setups, etc .... BUT be sure not to overwrite anything for the controllers

Not 100% sure it will work but this might surely the only successful trick if Andrew Wot's solution doesn't work.

Thanks, turns out ffb isn't working at all. Deleted all profiles and lutgenerator files etc. Working fine with Dirt rally 2.0 though. I bought this wheel yesterday.

And find a second hand Thrustmaster TH8 for the shifter .... that's much better than the G27 one.
This one may be directly plugged in the wheel itself or directly in a USB

And find a second hand Thrustmaster TH8 for the shifter .... that's much better than the G27 one.
This one may be directly plugged in the wheel itself or directly in a USB

I have modded the shifter to a state where it doesn't have resemblance of a g27 shifter :D Basically only have the potentiometers from it, other than that it's all new..
I bought an adapter for pedals&shifter from ebay, hopefully it works.

But yeah, the problem wasn't setting a primary device. I don't have any force feedback on t300, none at all. I've deleted all profiles, disconnected other devices and tried pretty much everything.. It's just loose with no feedback when driving, and when standing still it tightens a little. Every gain setting from thrustmaster controlpanel tried at 100%, 0% etc.. from game gain is at 100%

• Deleted member 197115

No idea if this is going to work or not.
Click on Advanced properties in your Game Controllers and select TM wheel as preferred device.

upload_2019-8-18_10-11-30.png

I just changed from G27 wheel to a T300rs 3 weeks ago +- .... and I had no FFB problem with this change.
But .... I never had too much force in the G27 ( to avoid rattling and noise ) ...that's surely why I didn't notice a big change in the FFB force.

Of course, if you're used with a very hard wheel force with the G27 .... sure you'll be a bit confused at the start with the T300rs.
The way it works is totally different compared with the G27 .... and even with less forces you have a better feeling of the car and the track.
Which rotation did you use with the G27 ... and which one with the T300 ?
Do you have the latest driver for this T300 ? ...
New one or second hand ? .... if older, maybe a problem of firmware ?

I just changed from G27 wheel to a T300rs 3 weeks ago +- .... and I had no FFB problem with this change.
But .... I never had too much force in the G27 ( to avoid rattling and noise ) ...that's surely why I didn't notice a big change in the FFB force.

Of course, if you're used with a very hard wheel force with the G27 .... sure you'll be a bit confused at the start with the T300rs.
The way it works is totally different compared with the G27 .... and even with less forces you have a better feeling of the car and the track.
Which rotation did you use with the G27 ... and which one with the T300 ?
Do you have the latest driver for this T300 ? ...
New one or second hand ? .... if older, maybe a problem of firmware ?

I bought it the wheel as new, updated firmware and drivers the first thing I connected it to computer..
I really mean the forcefeedback isn't there, no countersteer, no road bumps, just nothing...
I can drive the car with my one finger and it stays in the position loose no matter if I'm in middle of a turn or a drift. It can't be faulty hardware because it works good in dirt rally 2.
I think I need a fresh install of assetto :unsure:

There must something somewhere in the settings ... needing a change ....
I just saw ( when searching ) someone with the same kind of problem ... and his solution was simply not to use any LUT ... and improve the minimum force.

Personaly I didn't choose 1080° rotation but kept it at 900° .... personal choice of course as I rarely drive road cars....

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 183 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 359 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 501 39.0%