how to change plr files to not refert to default

Hello Shovas,

The SIM I referring to is GT Legends.

I'm trying to change both the Sound Options / Crowd Range / Crowd Ambient / Public Address Range / Public Address Ambient settings to not ever hear them n the SIM.
The PLR files always revert back to default when I restart the SIM.

PLR Screen Shot.jpg

Hello Shovas,

The SIM I referring to is GT Legends.

I'm trying to change both the Sound Options / Crowd Range / Crowd Ambient / Public Address Range / Public Address Ambient settings to not ever hear them n the SIM.
The PLR files always revert back to default when I restart the SIM.

View attachment 512222
It's possible those values are resetting if you're assigning invalid or out-of-range values when you edit the PLR.

Try reasonable values, make sure they're proper numbers, etc. Try lowering the values progressively until it resets and then you'll get an idea for the lower range of the value.

Those particular settings in the PLR file are not used by GTL but by rfactor (GTL uses the same game engine but with some things changed).

If you don't want any of the ambient sounds just go into the GameData/Sounds folder and rename the Ambient folder to Ambient_OFF (or any other name). You can also do the same for the PIT folder.

If you don't want any particular sound to be played all you have to do is rename it.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 77 12.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 56 9.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 63 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 37 6.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 91 14.7%