How to change FOV

Hi there,

First, you have to download the 'scs extractor' utility. You can find it here, at racedepartment, in the Mods section of the ETS2 forum (so, you are pretty close to that section, aren't you?).

Then go to the root folder of ETS2 and save 'def.scs' to an other location, to keep your installation clear. After that you have to put the downloaded scs_extractor.exe into the same folder.

The next step is easy: just drag and drop the 'def.scs' file over the ''scs_extractor.exe'. A black command window will appear. Make sure you wait until the window is disappeared by itself, don't close it manually. When it's closed it means that the util has finished with extraction of the moddable content.

You will see quite a few new folders. Look for the one called 'camera', then 'units'. Inside the 'units' folder you can see a couple of .sii files. You can edit them simply with notepad. You need the ones starting with 'interior'. Open 'interior_daf_xf.sii' for instance, and you will see a value called 'camera_fov: 77'. Change it to your liking. It's a try and miss process, really.

After changing all interior camera files you have to inject these values back into the game. Create a .zip document including all the subfolders inside the 'def1 folder (excluding 'def' itself), so the structure of the zip file has to look like this: camera/units/all the edited interior files (8 pieces, if you alter the cameras of all trucks). You can name the .zip as you want, it doesn't matter.

After creating this file, change its extension from.zip to .scs, and that's it! You've just created a mod for ETS2. Now, you have to copy that file into MyDocuments/Euro Truck Simulator 2/mod folder.

I hope, I was clear enough?

Cheers,

Vilmos

Indeed. :)

If you wish, I can do it for you. Just tell me what FOV setting do you want to use (I guess, you'd like a greater FOV for a triple screen setup).

Just for the record, I've set mine to 60 degrees. I have a 22" monitor behind my G25. The default 77 was to wide. Perspective was too exagerated, the whole simworld seemed too small. Now it's fine but I will experiment with even lower values.

I have tried everything to make this work, and I cannot get the FOV to change... idk what im doing wrong, what is the "mod" folder? none of this makes any sense as to how to install any of the files in the download section on this forum, like where do I PUT them?

All Mods go in this folder:

C:\Users\<user>\Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2\mod
also know as your:
My Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2\mod

Mods are files with names like: "fov80.scs". Put the ".scs" file in the mod folder.
Mods can be examined (opened) like any .zip file with WinRAR or 7zip for example.
Inside the .scs file are the files that are changed and which override the stock game files.

Is there away to modify the camera tilt (up/down angle) permanently via a mod? I like the 90 degree fov file I found, but I'd to have the camera tilted up a bit. Would be nice not have to adjust it (via mouse look) each time I get in the car (or reset the camera).

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back