1. 24 Premium du RD
    We are busy giving away 24 premium memberships during the 24 Hours of Le Mans. Follow us on Instagram and like this message to have a chance to win yourself.

How to calibrate Fanatec Clubsport v3 brake pedal in Dirt Rally?

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Elaphe, Oct 31, 2017.

1. Elaphe

Elaphe

Ratings:
    +64
    The throttle takes full range so it's ok, but the brake doesn't have to be pushed very hard until you reach 100%. Can this be fixed?

2. demetri

demetri
    Premium

Ratings:
    +87
    You need to calibrate (set the desired pressure for 100% brake input) it in the windows controller settings first (or in the wheelbase onboard settings if your pedals are connected to the CSW/CSL wheelbase). Read the manual for the pedals, it is explained there (9.1.1 PC driver – page ‘Function Test’).

3. Elaphe

Elaphe

Ratings:
    +64
    But my pedals must be correctly calibrated already because in Assetto Corsa, for instance, I have to push the brake really hard to reach the max. Could this problem has to do with brake gamma?

4. demetri

demetri
    Premium

Ratings:
    +87
    Then this has nothing to do with the hardware. Check brake saturation setting in DR. It should be set to 100%

5. Elaphe

Elaphe

Ratings:
    +64
    Brake saturation is already set to 100%. With that 100% is reached when the pedal is pressed 80% aprox. If I lower brake saturation, the problem increases and 100% is reached even sooner. If I increase brake saturation the problem, apparently noticed in the Dirt menu, is that the bar never reaches 100%. For instance, if I set saturation to the max value, the brake bar only reaches 67%. I don't undestand this.

6. demetri

demetri
    Premium

Ratings:
    +87
    I'm not sure what you mean by "pressed 80%" and how you measured it. Brake pedal does not have a hard stop (well it probably has, but you gotta be a Hulk to reach it). And max pressure is set via control panel/wheel profile.It should be the same regardless of the game you play.
    I checked my pedals and the pressure I apply to get 100% in DR seems to match the one I need to apply for 100% braking in AC. My brake gamma in AC is 1.0 and DR does not have a similar option as far as I remember.