ARCA Sim Racing

I was asked last night if i was willing to share my Fortworth Speedway setup or post it on the board.

Ofcourse thats not a problem so here it is, but i really think setup needs some work still iam not that good in making them.

Any way for anyone interested....

Attachments

• ASR_TEXAS.svm
    3.5 KB · Views: 303
Alright guys, After some of the early restarts yesterday some of you may of noticed that by the time the green flag dropped we we running at around 120+ mph. This is not the way to restart a race.

The leader must stay a constant 70 mph when the pace car drives off the track. Do not speed up! As the leader you are controling the field. Any bunching up behind you will be caused by speed changes.

Once the green flag drops as you cross the line now is the time for you to put your foot down. Do not accelerate before the green flag drops.

We were getting groups 100 meters infront on some starts due to this.

Another note is any cars that are laps down and are on the inside MUST stay behind the leader on the restart otherwise you will get a stop go penalty, So thats the leading lap down car on the inside to stay behind the leading car that is on the outside.

Once we get used to it there will be no problems :)

• shenken

Problem is that most people don´t care about it and still don´t obey to starts/restarts procedures. A leader who first speeds up and then brakes and then again speed up will definately cause an entire checkup of the field, thus resulting in crashes cause directly the next caution phase. A liveadmin may interfere to this and penalize the leader with a Stop & Go if he/she does not obey to the procedure!

• shenken

You will most likely never see the CUP guys bump drafting during cornering, except you want to kick someone out. Bump Drafting shall be done on straights only because of safety reasons. If you have more speed than the guy in front, you shall announce "Expect bump" or on Teamspeak you shall say to the person (who should be also on TS), what your intentions are!

Bump Drafting in corners can loosen the car in front, making it jaggy and the guy controlling the car will probably overreact and spin out!

• shenken

I just bought Arca the other day but the steering is puzzling/annoying me.

Why does the Car always understeer/ Tyre squeeling?
Could this be down to my degrees of rotation and steering lock?
My right front tyre just get's shagged all the time is this normal?

If you have a G25 wheel, set the rotation to 270° or 300° max. in your Profiler Software. In the game itself in the setup garage you can use the Steering Lock feature to increase or decrease the overall steering input physicswise!

The cars are built to understeer. Try to minimize the LF ride-height while increasing the RR ride-height. Also use more negative wedge too loosen the car during cornering. Raise the RR Trackbar to help loosen the car on entry and exit of corners!

The tyres are squeeling always but that is not an indication that you so something wrong. It just indicates that the tire is working and scrubbing as it should do. But it should be more a scrubbing noise NOT a squeeling noise! I understand with squeeling when you lock your tires! That´s a squeeling sound to me.

As you turn mostly left with ovals, the front right and rear right tires are the most stressed elements of a car. If you overheat them, you most likely have an abusive setup or you are pushing the car permantly over the limits of the physics. Try to life off throttle ealier and "roll" into the corners, slight go back on throttle on the apex mid-corner and then full off again. Else reduce camber or move center weight more to the back thus reducing the weight on the front!

Haha Maus :) We are gonna practice some this week ok? But what i saw yesterday is that you didnt pick up in a straightline behind the car in front of you.

Getting lined up properly should be a good start i guess. It was quite noticeable that we totally lost ground halfway the race when the express train was broken!

(btw is it monday already?)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 86 12.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 69 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 42 6.2%
  • < 5 years