ARCA Sim Racing

Congrats Gareth! Very well deserved. You were so silent during the race that you just had to come up with something in that superfast final lap!

U-boats don't make a sound either, untill they strike you in full effect :thumb:

Congrats and see you all at Texas!

ouch Ingo

grats all
it was great race....
in the end was attacking a bit hard....especially at the finish lol
but with the front aerodamage that I got could not get back into the lead....shame but there will be always next time :)
congrats Gareth.....you were there while I was trying to make my car as big as it can be

oh man now I remember..
there is a big chance that I am not there for the Texas.....nooooo :(
(have to learn to drive dpad quickly lol)

first of all big gratz to gareth.. well done mate.
My car was really good could follow the other cars in the begin until i was hit from behind and hit the wall which damagged the aero. on an track like this its a big problem coz you lose like 12 mph if not more. anyway thank you i love this series:D

After this race i came to the conclusion im very sucky sucky in bumpdrafting. still too unknown and maybe too scared too get too close when cornering.

Anybody got some tips / gentleman rules for bumpdrafting which can help me to improve :)

Thanks in advance!

• Bert Van Waes

>Yes

Awesome race.... The first stint was a blast and i was so sure we would have gotten away without yellow. Really amazing drafting and avoiding eachother. It was scary at times and i just checked the replay. My fault that i crashed so hard at the end. Sorry to those if i hit anybody hard...

I went inside to avoid the one infront of me and when i came back on smbd hit me in the back cause there was no way to go... I spin taking some with me i think... Sorry... But wow. This/ we are getting better...:th_wink:

Grats Gareth and great track choice!!:)

Nice to drive with such a field in Arca.
The setup was good and could drive in the top 5 in the 1/3 of the race.
Then got hit, i think by Bram according the chat :). No problem stayed on the leadlap and was still 3rd after rejoining... how surprisingly :)
Pitlane closed, I drove in. Just a meter before stopping it was open and it counted for it..LOL

Then after some laps I had to leave to feed Ramon Jr.
Thanks for the first part of the race. Still nice.

Grats to Gareth for the win and all that finished the race.

Gratz Gareth nice win.
Was sitting at the back waiting for the first yellow and saw it happen in front of me. Had to choose a line, went for the outside but got collected by a car that bumped back on the track. Car was rubish after that 179mph max :)

Enjoyed myself none the less it happens especially on SS tracks, better luck next time :D

It gets down the who you bumpdraft or actually draft
does this person has experience or not
If he does and you trust him that he knows what you will be doing, then you can bumpdraft anywhere
Also it is important to read or know the racing line of your drafting buddy. This will be important as to get the maximum of drafting is to stay in 1 perfect line
But (there is always a but :)), be careful not to come to fast to the person

An example of this is me and James. I know for sure James trust me a lot with bumpdrafting and me trusting him (we have been doing this a lot to eachother) and I know James lines very well and he knows my line. I know i can easily bumpdraft James in corners as he has the skill to take that hit :wink:
Another example is the Rizzla crew :)

If you are the person getting the bumpdraft, pay attention to the steering and car behavior, because sometimes you might need to react quickly to correct the car going sideways from a bumpdrafting

Great race really enjoyed it, thanks all.
Gratz gareth , some great teamwork there matey .
The gloves came off in the last lap but i couldnt pass gareth so its second for me.
Rizzla 1st 2nd and 4th good work boys :cowboy:

After tonights race (dont get me wrong i really enjoyed myself) it might be good to write a few oval basics down for all those new to it and interested.

Especially restarts and how to deal with them as most restarts went way to fast. The BIG plus of tonights race was the number of drivers and all the showed up. I am no that good a writer but i wont mind give it a go but after some sleep :D

xeh5hd.png

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM
Track: Fort Worth Speedway, it's Texas baby :woot:
Day/Night: Day
Practice: 19:00 GMT
Qualification: 19:30 GMT (4 laps)
Happy Hour: 19:40 GMT
Race: 19:45 GMT (80 laps)

Notes:
  • Click here to read the password and golden rules!
  • Track choice by Gareth Hickling for winning the Talladega event!

Entrylist
  1. Ingemar Petersson
  2. Bram Hengeveld
  3. Lars Strijdonck
  4. Ramon van Rijn
  5. Patrick van Driel
  6. Lee Clifford
  7. Javier Roy
  8. Jamsie Naughton
  9. Steven Palmer
  10. Gerard van Langevelde
  11. Scott Malcolm
  12. James Johnson
  13. Xose Estrada
  14. Ben Tusting
  15. Bert van Waes
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver
  26. Driver

Guys help me out with the laps please :) Oh, and the server is up and running in public mode for practice

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 103 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 186 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 365 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 507 39.0%