How to behave. A first and final warning.

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
I would like to make a brief statement on how some people are commenting around here lately.

Be a bit more polite guys as this negative atmosphere some people are creating is really starting to annoy us as staff and I am pretty sure to others as well.

If you can't formulate anything constructive then just don't post at all and move on.

From now on I will actively find the rotten apples around here and compare your posts to our very very simple rules. If they breach them in any way you get one warning which will also be your last warning before we disable your account and you can rant and bash somewhere else.

This modding forum is a joint community effort. People spend their free time to build you a mod that you can download and enjoy, we pay the bills of hosting the forums, the files and the infrastructure. As a guest you are very welcome here to enjoy yourself but with the appropriate respect towards our modders, community members and staff.

We have various way how you can leave your appreciation for modders in a constructive way;
- Leave a review
- Leave a post
- Leave a rating

When you see other people violation our rules click the "report" button under a post and one of our hardworking moderators will review the post and take appropriate action. This is the only way to settle it.

There is absolutely no need to constantly end up in little petty arguments. Just behave like normal civil people or go away. Simple as that.

Rule of Thumb: treat others as you would like be treated yourself.

To the majority of the people that behave like perfect guests. This one is for you ----> :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: I fully support your comments and the very simple rule you are re-emphasizing. This web site is for us fan of F1 racing, to spend time and enjoy the fantastic work being so generously offered by talented modders. These people have spent considerable amount of their own time to work on creative ideas, designs, etc as a hobby and to share with the Race Department community. They should be applaud for their work and not being treated with abuse or harsh words like I've noted lately in some posts. I believe that constructive criticism has always it's place, but there is always a polite way to say it.

Just a general question: Will a perrson get an info if someones presses the report button?

Its just a general question and maybe important to know for some users.

-100% agree with Bram and Jean-Marc-

100%.

If you ain't paying for it, you mustn't bitch about it. Some of these mods are so good, it almost feels illegal to get them for free (almost).

Appreciation seems lost on some people these days. Constructive criticism is, and always have been, well received on this site, personal attacks not so much.

I hope this message can clear it up. Nice work Bram ;)

If leaving a rating with one or two stars there should be mandatory to leave comment why. If not, then it is pointless, from modders point of view or readers point of view.

Awesome Bram! Treat others as you wish to be treated yourself, a little courtesy goes a long way and people will be more willing to listen and go that extra mile to help. Demanding and attacking has no place among friends drawn together by the same desire, to enhance our experience through unselfish and talented people that make all this possible...so to all the wonderful modders and the race department team for a brilliant site, thankyou.

Funny!
I'm from Germany and I'm the head of a FB-Group with over 5500 Members. I wrote down the same in my group today. Is the bad mood international?
Jan

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 132 13.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 95 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 70 7.0%
  • < 5 years