How to avoid front brake damage?

Hi,

In all of my race weekends, Race 07 shows my front left and right brakes get damaged after the first race. Though I don't see much difference in the second race. What causes front bake damage and how to avoid or fix it?

krank

Brake parts are "consumables", they take so much wear and tear that they are changed out for every race. Same for suspension components! You did nothing wrong!

In some cars you have control of the duct size to the brakes and if you run too small a duct your brakes will overheat and this usually brings about one of the two front brakes locking up while the other does nothing. This will cause you to swerve, usually taking you off track as it's so violent.

Check that your brakes ain't dragging.. You may have 1 or 2 % of brakes all the time on without any noticeable differences (except straightline speed). Check from swingman view if your brakelights are lit up, if they are, you need to apply deadzone or repair pedals (pot re-aligment and/or cleanup.)

Thanks for the valuable information. Kennet, I have checked it, the last week I had that prevócious problem, thanks for the tip. So the only thing I can make for the car being better for the second race is to brake more carefully, I guess, to reduce overheating and wear.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back