how to automate/ match rotation to wheel animation?

hi, i am a OSW user, with MMos set to 900 degrees. but in AC when i turn on driver arms and steering wheel and turn the wheel physically, it does not match the animation in-game. Merc GT3 has less than 900 degrees rotation, but all seems off because i can turn my physical wheel more than the animation.
is there a setting or tweak to this? ini file?

thank you all for your help.

A GT3 car does not have 900 degrees of rotation, probably more in the 500-600 range. Also, the soft-lock in AC is deactivated by default which means you can physically turn your wheel more than the in-game car wheel will turn (on some cars). You can turn soft-lock on in the .ini but your wheel will probably violently bounce off the soft-lock so it's generally not recommended.

And of course the simple solution is to just turn off the steering wheel and driver's arms so you don't have to see them.

hi Brandon, yes, i know the cars have less than 900 degrees, I used to keep an updated XML for Fanaleds (for my CSW v1 and later v2) but was curious if AC had taken care of the "issue" but i am guessing they have not. (looked in assettocorsa.ini, soft lock is only option and has strange spring/ bounce effect when you hit lock limit) i am guessing will have to get used to it. (i don't have the virtual wheel nor arms on, but is useful for latency/ input lag checks).
thanks again Brandon for your input, but was really hoping AC had fixed this "issue". (but again, the same problem is in R3E, rF2 and AMS - only iRacing works perfectly with that rotation)

As long as you set your wheel setting for SEN to AUTO then the game should automatically set the rotation for each car. This won't fix the soft lock issue but honestly it shouldn't be much of an issue because you rarely would need to turn the wheel far enough to hit the soft lock. In most cars I rarely turn the wheel more than 45º-60º.

As long as you set your wheel setting for SEN to AUTO then the game should automatically set the rotation for each car. This won't fix the soft lock issue but honestly it shouldn't be much of an issue because you rarely would need to turn the wheel far enough to hit the soft lock. In most cars I rarely turn the wheel more than 45º-60º.
hi Brandon, yes was CSW v1 and v2 user but in post#1 you can see i wrote OSW (OpenSimWheel) user, and only software is Granity and MMos that we have. and the truth and fact is, as you put it, we don't turn the wheel ever to get to max lock range/ rotation anyway. i agree with you.

There is also a setting in the options somewhere where you can set the wheel rotation animation limits by degrees or in assettocorsa/system/cfg/assetto_corsa.ini change soft lock to ENABLED=1
:)
hi Keith, thx for your input, appreciate it, but we discussed that ij post#3 here in this thread, soft lock works but has the bounce/ spring lock (artificially induced lock) and on a OSW with 20 or 30Nm it can be really violent! and maybe "unhealthy" for OSW users with powerful direct drive systems.
(OSW = OpenSimWheel, Direcr Drive) my system is from www.SimQuip.net

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 318 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 217 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 159 7.8%
  • < 5 years