How to add radio stations

Hi i just tried out ETS2 as i won it in a RD Draw and i wanted to Added radio stations such as Heart, Capital, BBc Radio 1, 2, 5 Live, 7 and Radio Wales but i dont what streams do i put in the file live_stream.sii i need some tipes or tutorial to do this if you can give me tips i would thank you

Ron Squire

From the game readme:
Open the file „Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2\live_streams.sii“ in your favorite text editor. Here you can add as many radio streams as you want following these steps:

1. Copy the line below to the location hinted in the file, or just under the similar items:

stream_data[]: "RADIO_URL|RADIO_NAME"
2. Replace RADIO_URL with the URL address of the radio stream. Then replace RADIO_NAME with the name you want to see in the game. Remember to keep proper formatting, especially the "|" character that separates the radio URL from the name.

After you are done, save the file and close it. Launch the game and open Radio. You should see the radio streams you just added on the list. Double-click one and it should start playing.
Example live_streams.sii file
live_stream_def : .live_streams {
stream_data[]: "http://123.123.123.123:8000|My Favourite Radio"
stream_data[]: "http://anotherradio.com/stream.mp3|Another Radio"
}
Supported streams
The game supports all MP3-type streams (except MMS). With proper codecs, which are often already installed, you can also listen to many other stream formats.

I just tried and I get nothing. I go to the the radio station web site, I click on listen live and I get this pop up player and it starts to play. I copy the player URL and paste it and put the name. The name of the radio station shows up but I get nothing:confused:

AFIAK it's not the player URL you need but the url of the actual stream file. You can see and an example by clicking a stream at DI.FM, which downloads a playlist linking the stream server.

Not all services offer it directly like this so you might have to right click > view source and find it inside the player embed code.

AFIAK it's not the player URL you need but the url of the actual stream file. You can see and an example by clicking a stream at DI.FM, which downloads a playlist linking the stream server.

Not all services offer it directly like this so you might have to right click > view source and find it inside the player embed code.

Ok! Well i'm still lost. I could be at this for weeks. So I right clicked and copied the source file for the player. The radio station is Chez 106. Any suggestion would be great.

Attachments

• chez 106.txt
    35.8 KB · Views: 892
If you look at the page linked from planet rock this gives two different URLs. I would say if the "listen Live" part of any radio station's website doesn't come in these formats or plays in a pop out window, then it isn't doable...
http://www.planetrock.com/general/listening-online/
You could ask the radio station themselves...
http://www.chez106.com/contact-us/

The pop-out windows play from many different formats, many of which are compatible with media players and games etc. My usual method of pulling them out has failed me on this one though.

Ok! Well i'm still lost. I could be at this for weeks. So I right clicked and copied the source file for the player. The radio station is Chez 106. Any suggestion would be great.

there is a stream URL in there but when I visit the site I get a slightly different one. It's possible that their player given the number of adds and the offers to buy tracks etc uses sessions and targeting tools and links the stream to the user session. Either way I think to start a stream with them you have to click the play button at the site. I might have missed something but its the only URL I can find in all the embedding code from your file and when I visit. Neither of which play for me in VLC so I guess it could also be a matter of format though usually pretty good in that department.

The post above states it needs an MP3 stream and the Chez stream appears to be WMP anyway which would not work in game if that's true.

Station sounds great :)

I agree with trekxor though, if you'd like it to be more accessible you should drop them a line.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back