How to add cars and tracks to rFactor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

G-Kraft

• G-Kraft

Hello.

Im new to rfactor...and cant find anywhere how to get your downloaded tracks/cars to work on rFactor..

/Göran

• G-Kraft

hmm..i wonder how to install the F1-09 mod? its on 4 parts...and how to install "effect" mods? like smoke/fire and so on..

/Göran

I belive the smoke and fire mods go here
C:\Program Files (x86)\rFactor\GameData\Locations

Also with the 4 parts you need to highlight them all and then go extract. Once you have done that , then you can put them into R Factor

• G-Kraft

Still unsure of how to put the F1-09 cars in the game...where should i put them?

And where to put skins?.

/Göran

• G-Kraft

I have installed the F1-09 cars..they worked fine untill a exit and after some hours entered the game again..the cars dont work no more, i get a error message "MAS file" something..i have tried to uninstall and install it back..they dont work

Anyone who had the same problem? they worked FINE! until i ended the game...

I had some problems with the car-class selection as well(efter installed the mod)....if i try to change class the game shuts down without any error message...realy strange..

Can anyone help me?

/Göran

• G-Kraft

I get this message when trying to select the F1 cars:
gMotor2 Error
Mas file 2009\PNEUS_2009.MAS
What can i do?.
Then i also have the issue that the game shuts down when i try select a car class..
/Göran

• G-Kraft

hmm...the cars work fine now..the problem was when i tried to change car-class to "all cars" and so on...then the F1´s stoped working and game shuts down(sometimes).

To me rFactor seems like a real mess right now(when choosing between the mods).

How can i get rid of the annoying intro and music that follows with the F1-09 mod? why cant it work with the original intro/music?..yeah i need a manual..

So i need some help to clean up this mess...because i dont know when my mods will work or not.

BTW...how does the cheat work? i cant drive an unlocked car...so how to unlock them?.
/Göran

BTW...how does the cheat work? i cant drive an unlocked car...so how to unlock them?.
/Göran

type in the chat window ISI_BABYFACTORY

rFactor can be a pain in the ass, when i 1st got it i had to reinstall a couple of times. then threw asking peoples advice i rarely have problems.

1. always read the modders notes when included
2. extract the folders from the rars manually, dont just point it to the rFactor folder
3. after installing a mod run the game,buy a car select test session and apply the cheat. never install more than 1 mod before starting the game.
4. remember rFactor was released open source to enable all this mods and not all modders are as talented as Madcowie :wink2:
5. some mods have there own intro screen, if you dont like them hit return when they pop up :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 86 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 9.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 69 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 42 6.2%